Fragomen is the largest law firm in the world dedicated to corporate immigration, and is recognized as the leading global immigration services provider. For over 60 years, Fragomen has served the immigration needs of clients ranging from individuals to the world’s leading multinational corporations. We have 44 offices in 18 countries worldwide, supported by more than 2,100 immigration professionals and staff--including more than 300 attorneys, solicitors, or comparable immigration professionals. These resources allow us to provide strategic and effective immigration solutions in over 170 countries around the globe.
Summary: Under the direction of Fragomen’s Professional Practices Group, with assistance from the Global Risk Management Committee and the Office of General Counsel, the Practice Review Manager will work to create a detailed practice review/audit plan based on criteria developed by firm, with corresponding communication plan. After achieving buy in, the Practice Review Manager will implement plan, delivering identified core best practices, making recommendations and conducting follow-ups and reviews.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
and document the conclusion.
- Conduct business process review and identify best practices and business optimization opportunities.
- Responsible for collecting data for internal business process audits; analyzing data; communicating results of internal audits to stakeholders
- Perform business process walkthrough with process owners to obtain an understanding of the control environment for the designated business cycle under review.
- Execute practice assessment audit, including electronic, survey and in-person components.
- Complete detailed work papers of the audit results based upon defined documentation guidelines.
- Evaluate the operating effectiveness of internal controls based upon results and communicate operating effectiveness conclusions to management.
- For any identified exceptions, evaluate the potential for mitigating control points,
- Provide on-going communication/feedback regarding the status of audit activities.
- Support Professional Practices Group with efforts to foster on-going process improvements including quality, efficiency and effectiveness of testing process.
- Experience developing, implementing and reviewing business process audits.
- Knowledge of audit methodology, techniques and internal controls
- A minimum of five (5) years of prior internal process audit, public accounting and/or general accounting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with and stakeholders to diagnose needs and identify areas for efficiency improvement; defend case for project and change.
- Strong business process knowledge
- Communication plan development & implementation
- Law firm experience preferred, familiarity with business immigration a plus.
- B.A. or B.S. required, preferably in Finance, Accounting or related fields.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred.
- Six Sigma certification a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with client/business process owners and staff of all levels.
- Strong oral and written communication and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, to work with limited supervision, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft Office and audit-management software; and willingness to travel up to 80% of time, initially.
Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy
- 2 years ago - save job
Fragomen is recognized as the world's leading immigration services provider. Immigration is not just a practice area within our firm - it is...