About Banner Medical Group
Click here for more information
Throughout the seven states served by Banner Health, our employed physicians fill a critical role in the communities where they practice by providing both primary and specialty care through the Banner Medical Group.
About the position:
- This is accomplished in smaller group settings like Big Thompson Internal Medicine in Loveland, Colorado, and the Banner Medical Clinic in Torrington, Wyoming, or in large multi-specialty practices like the Banner Arizona Medical Clinic and Banner Pediatric Specialists in the metropolitan Phoenix area.
- Currently, more than 550 physicians are part of the Banner Medical Group. They are an essential element of Banner Health’s ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
This position will lead and support our BMG Family Care Clinic(s) in Sterling, Colorado. We have approximately 10+ providers in our Family Practice and Specialty clinics!
About Sterling Regional MedCenter.
Sterling Regional MedCenter is a 25-bed acute care regional hospital serving northeastern Colo. with state-of-the-art technology and compassionate professionalism. Since 1938, we have provided exceptional care to meet the needs of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area. We provide our patients with cutting-edge technology such as eICU, a remote monitoring system and our intelligent OB program, a computerized system designed to reduce the chance of complications during labor. We are also home to the David Walsh Cancer Center, which offers our community an unprecedented level of cancer care. In addition, we are one of Logan County’s largest employers with approximately 300 employees and more than 20 physicians representing ten specialties. We have also been voted Best Employer in Northeastern Colorado for three years in a row.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
This position will lead and support our BMG Family Care Clinic(s) in Sterling, CO . We have approximately 10+ providers in our Family Practice and Specialty clinics.
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
Relocation is available.
Pay opportunity: MIN: $29.18hr - MID: 37.89hr - MAX: 46.60/hr (Exempt)
This position is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the practice, including general office administration, daily operations involving personnel management and performance, patient throughput, provider relations and scheduling, and department budget preparation.
- Manages the overall operations of the practice in order to ensure that continuous, quality, accurate, timely and cost-effective services are provided. Collaborates with providers and managers from other departments to ensure a high quality patient experience.
- Provides effective leadership and promotes teamwork both internally and externally. Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the staff. Develops goals and performance expectations for staff.
- Establishes and updates policies and procedures in accordance with practice, facility, and system policies and procedures, standard practices of the profession, and related local, state, and federal laws. Ensures compliance for various accrediting bodies and government agencies and performs all necessary reviews, audits, education, and training to maintain compliant status. Serves as the Compliance Liaison in designated practices.
- Responsible for patient relations and works collaboratively with professional staff and other departments to ensure the highest level of patient satisfaction.
- Responsible for the financial management and development of the practice. This includes ensuring proper accounting controls and practices are followed and documented to secure the financial viability of the practice. Maintains a variety of financial and statistical records to ensure accurate documentation and compliance with established regulations and laws.
- Assists in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement and monitoring on an ongoing basis to meet the mission, goals and objectives of the practice and organization.
- In an academic setting, trains residents on elements of practice management so they are prepared to successfully develop their own practice. Training covers staffing roles and requirements, HR issues, interpretation of financial statements, tracking metrics of practice performance, and credentialing and licensure processes.
- Some settings may require the incumbent to occasionally function as a MA, LPN or RN, in which case the incumbent must possess the appropriate licensure to function in this role.
Requires a level of business and financial knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business, finance or related field. If required to provide coverage in a clinical capacity, the requisite licensure will be required (i.e. MA, LPN or RN). Requires strong personnel management, operational flow and financial/accounting skills normally obtained through at least three years of medical office supervision/practice management experience. Requires experience working in a managed care environment. Must have strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software and spreadsheets. Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
Knowledge of business plans, budgeting and quality improvement process preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.