The Tenet Physician Resources (TPR) Practice Development Manager reports to either the Market Operations Manager or Market Operations Director within the Tenet Physician Resources Department of Tenet Healthcare. The TPR Practice Development Manager will also have a dotted line responsibility to the National Director of Physician Development.
- TPR Practice Development Manager is responsible for strategically planning and implementing business/practice development, marketing, and other outreach efforts focusing on Tenet Employed Physicians (or their equivalents, through the 501a and/or Foundation structures) in the hospital’s target markets. The position primarily focuses on two areas: increasing the number of new and existing patient medical staff office (MSO) visits to Tenet employed physicians with subsequent increases in the volume of worked Relative Value Units (wRVUs) and developing, improving, and tightening down hospital and outpatient referral relationships with and between Tenet employed physicians in the service area.
- Other responsibilities include oversight of the following areas involving physician on-boarding, physician relations, community outreach, and marketing:
- Responsible for strategically planning and implementing visits to Tenet-employed physicians, physician office staffs and other potential referral sources (including free-standing Emergency Rooms and Urgent Care Centers) throughout the primary and secondary markets, managing and organizing physician to physician meetings to build referral networks and maximizing patient utilization of Tenet inpatient and outpatient facilities in the market by collaborating with Tenet hospital Physician Relations Managers (PRMs).
- Report on activity level metrics and outcomes of these activities on a regular basis, focusing on increases in patient MSO visit volumes and/or addressing issues. Consistently meet company standards for the number of new patient and overall MSO visit volumes per month.
- Emphasize business development and volume building objectives based on market assessments and physician needs, as well as oversee the maintenance of good account relationships and the development and implementation of innovative practice patient visit volume building ideas and methodologies.
- Meets routinely with physicians (e.g., office visits, scheduled meetings, patient referral patterns, etc.) to understand how they might increase physician and patient satisfaction, throughput, patient visit volumes, hospital utilization, and outpatient service capabilities.
- Collaborate with Tenet hospital A-Team members (particularly the BDs) and/or outpatient-based Physician Relationship Managers on a target list of physicians in the primary and secondary service areas to increase new referral opportunities for the practice and ensure that Tenet employed physicians are on hospital’s Emergency Department call schedules (prioritized if possible).
- Assist in the development of service line marketing plans using Tenet’s Physician Volume Building Checklist whose primary audience is either targeted physicians or consumers to build awareness of the physician and practice, including implementation of web-based social media strategies (search engine optimization and ZocDoc), ensuring physician and practice information is accurate on payer websites, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the hospitals and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses regarding service lines, technology, and physicians and provide action based solutions and applicable differentiations for gaining a competitive edge against the competition.
- Serve as a resource for the hospital in the development and implementation of employed physician recruitment and retention plans for the facilities and for physician outreach in the facility’s service areas.
- Coordinate with Market Operations, Onboarding Team, and Hospital A-Team on new physician’s on-boarding process for smooth opening/transition of practice, including credentialing, implementation of volume building checklist, speaking engagements, screening events hosted by Tenet hospitals, referral networking, etc.; engage in pre-opening marketing, community outreach, and medical staff networking activities.
- Develop and coordinate volume-building plan with Market Operations leader and Hospital resources, including direct collaboration with Tenet hospital DBDs, PRMs, and Marketing Managers.
- Monitor outcomes of volume growth activities for the purpose of identifying process improvement opportunities.
- Meet monthly, and ad hoc as necessary, with Practice leadership, employed physicians, Operations team, and Hospital leadership on development, implementation, and measurement of Volume-Building Program/Plan.
- Assume responsibility for overall execution of consistent physician volume building strategies throughout the Market with a primary focus of increasing patient volumes (MSO visits).
- Work with hospital A-Team and directors to communicate operational and service issues, as identified by physicians and follow up with physicians as to resolution of the issue.
- Assist Market Physician Mentor with professional and social integration of newly employed physicians into the market- both TPR and the hospital(s).
Minimal, typically confined to the market and/or hospital’s primary/secondary service areas.
Qualified candidates are required to possess a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field; a Master’s degree is a plus.
As a leader in healthcare, Tenet is committed to providing the best possible care to every patient, with a clear focus on quality and service. Strong leadership is essential to delivering on this commitment, and we believe that the quality of our leaders can give us a significant long-term competitive advantage. We want to ensure every current and future leader in Tenet is successful, and we support that through our selection and hiring process and by providing coaching and training to our leaders.
In this regard, we have identified core attributes that will enable a leader to succeed at Tenet, and have defined them within five areas critical to performance: Competence, Capacity, Collaboration, Communication, and Character.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of three years successful and verifiable sales experience. Healthcare experience is preferred with a heavy emphasis on physician practice marketing strategies and patient volume growth.
Experience in physician relations, network development or a similar role in hospital marketing and business development.
Ability to package and articulate benefits of change/value propositions to physicians and their staffs.
Be an exceptional team player and able to work with others on cooperative strategies and tactics to the benefit of market goals.
Excellent human relations skills are required. Thorough knowledge of global physician healthcare issues, including managed care/reimbursements, physician and hospital-based practice operational issues and physician/medical staff credentialing and governance. Ability to understand basic referral trends and sources and interpret/relate such data to market research.
Must be knowledgeable of standards and laws applicable to physician recruiting, business development, and physician planning issues.
Strong project management skills and follow-through from vision to execution, with measurable results to the bottom line.
Excellent at team building and motivating people. Able to instill a higher level of enthusiasm, energy and dedication to all employees.
Visionary, with deep knowledge of healthcare systems, regulations, trends and directions. Ability to transfer knowledge, thereby creating an informed, supportive constituency.
Business presence and maturity to perceive how he/she can be of added value to the organization in significant ways.
Able to interact with hospital and corporate administration and legal departments to ensure all compliance and regulatory guidelines are followed.
An individual highly motivated to work cross-functionally in order to accomplish goals and effect change. Someone skilled at uniting various constituencies to work together harmoniously to achieve high quality goals.
An individual who is a “pre-emptive communicator” and one that strives to proactively address issues before they become problems.
Someone who understands the dynamics and politics of a hospital environment and has the ability to navigate between disparate entities to successfully unite constituencies toward a common cause.
One who believes in reaching out to physicians in a unique and innovative manner. He/she strives to be inclusive with physicians on key decisions and meets frequently with physicians to ascertain their needs.
Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, as well as troubleshooting skills for physician/office practice issue resolution.
Someone who values employees at all levels, treating all with dignity and respect. An individual who is able to relate easily to people from all walks of life; empathetic and compassionate.
Persuasive, articulate, good listener and conversationalist. Possesses outstanding people skills.
Proactively builds relationships with all key constituents.
An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices. Able to establish immediate credibility with peers, senior leadership, medical staff and the Board.
Self confident and assured with significant presence and charisma, but with a balanced ego; able to hire, develop and retain strong, appropriately independent executive subordinates.
A high-energy individual with a strong work ethic and high expectations for performance. A person who leads by example, and sets strong professional and personal standards for every activity.
Tenet Practice Resources
Exempt 80 Hour Pay Period
Tenet Healthcare - 30+ days ago