Responsible for the provision of specimen receipt, assessment, and pre-analytical processing services, includes aspects of quality assurance for the area, including verification of missing information and activating a specimen rejection process as per written policies and procedures. May include performance of waived or moderately complex testing and urgent value reporting, includes receiving specimens and requisitions for test ordering, entering orders into laboratory computer system (Sunquest), verifying/reviewing orders, generating appropriate specimen collection labels, directing samples to appropriate laboratory sections, and responding to telephone inquiries for test results and other information such as specimen collection requirements. Provides venipuncture collection services for Inpatient Phlebotomy or Phlebotomy Services (DCAM-Outpatient), microbiology specimen set-up (i.e. plating), and/or other types of advanced pre-analytical specimen processing services.
- Must satisfy CLIA 88 qualification requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree preferred.
- Appropriate training/experience in clinical laboratory science required.
- Knowledge and ability to safely use laboratory and hospital information systems.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Knowledge and ability to use automated/conventional laboratory equipment.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with colleagues and other healthcare workers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Appropriate training/experience in performing venipunctures.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- MLT (ASCP) certification/eligibility preferred