The role of the Preadmission and Post Discharge Call Nurse is to contact our members with the focus on the identification of any needs that may exist. The intention of the preadmission call is to: ensure that an appro|
priate discharge plan is in place prior to the admission, identification of any needs such as care giver or post discharge facility placement, safety, medication reconciliation, assessment of patient knowledge and expected outcomes and the identification of any need that the member may encounter.
The intention of the post discharge call is to: ensure that the member has everything needed to recover safely in the home setting, to identify any complications/issues that the member may be experiencing, and to ensure that appropriate follow-up appointments are scheduled and that a plan is in place for member to attend the appointment.
- Responsible for preadmission outbound contact for patients with specified diagnoses/procedures
- Responsible for post discharge contact on all patients excluding maternity, observation and psychiatric with a safe discharge plan. (unless previously identified for DM/CM)
- Assess each case and utilize the information and available benefits/resources to assist the patient, family/caregiver and provider
- Assist patients (preadmission calls) with identified needs to prevent extended stays/re-admissions
- Document all activities specific to interventions for your patients
- Coordinate all services in an effort to provide integrated health services for each patient and provide benefit and health information to each patient so they are able to make informed health decisions.
- Refer to appropriate cases to clinical work groups such as case management, disease management and/or high cost case management
- Promote the mission and core values of Quantum Health
- Documentation of each call with all pertinent information along with interventions performed
- Organize contact of individuals identified based on admission or discharge date
- Have working knowledge of all reports and guidelines related to pre admission and post discharge
- Have knowledge of benefits for employer groups
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse with a current valid license in the state of Ohio
- Varied and extensive experience in medical-surgical nursing
- Minimum of five years clinical experience
- Certification in Case Management desirable
- Experience in health management desirable
- Ability to make decisions that are timely and well thought out that achieve results consistent with business goals and organizational culture
- Ability to work independently and self directed with limited need for day to day supervision
- Computer literacy
- Strong customer service skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate cost benefit analysis showing the financial benefit of disease case management
- Possess excellent time management skills
Quantum Health - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in Columbus in 1999, Quantum Health is an award-winning care management and health improvement company serving the healthcare needs...