• Use statistical models, data mining or other analytical methods to identify, size and highlight savings opportunities and solve business problems within Walmart’s Risk Management Function
• Transform these findings and analytical insights into operational information-based decision strategies.
• Communicate analysis and findings in a compelling way such to influence decision makers through presentations, summaries, charts, and reports.
• Assist in the implementation of business strategies by building relationships with key stakeholders; identifying/clarifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices. Analysts will monitor progress and results of these efforts and adapt to competing priorities, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
• Ensure data integrity by validating data; understanding business relevance of data, collaborating with Information Systems Division (ISD) on data sources and identifying any relevant external data sources which may be relevant to a particular problem.
• Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in analytics and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of information based strategies.
• Execute analysis projects which may include variance analysis, trending and forecasting; data-mining with SQL in a Teradata environment, designing test and control experiments, and various other business questions which might arise.
• Comply with company policies, support the company mission, values and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating them into the business plans.
• Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Statistics, Math, Econometrics or Engineering or equivalent experience
• Proven track record of success in similar role
with leading organizations
•Extremely strong SQL skills
•Prior experience developing statistical models, forecasting and segmentation
Additional Preferred Qualifications
•Self starter with excellent analytical skill set
•MS/PhD or MBA from a reputed institution preferred
•Ability to query complex data warehouses, and aggregate data for strategic reporting
•Strong/persuasive communication skills
•Experience with complex statistical and advanced analytical techniques such as: logistic, linear, panel or non-linear regression, survival analysis, Monte Carlo simulations, optimization, time-series forecasting and Experimental test design
•Ability to effectively explain analysis, both verbally and in writing, to others and translate analysis into a clear business plan
•A passion for problem-solving, comfort with ambiguity, and creativity
Predictive Analyst - Risk Management
Walmart Stores - 18 months ago
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...