Mutual Telecom Services (MTS) is recognized around the globe as a premier voice and data solutions integrator. Come join the team that sets the standard for superior performance and strong focus on customer satisfaction. MTS engineers, furnishes, installs, tests, operates and maintains telecommunications and data systems for COs, PBXs, remotes, WANs, LANs, tactical systems, and secure systems. MTS maintains telecommunications networks including transmission and multiplexing systems and inside and outside cable plants.
MTS is seeking a highly-motivated Premise (MAC) Technician(s) to support a comprehensive Telecommunications Managed Services operation in Northern Virginia.
A Premise (MAC) Technician works mostly with customer premises PBX systems, key systems and adjunct/ancillary equipment and applications. Services and applications might include: telephone system equipment, data equipment, sub-rate and high speed digital, VoIP, DSL, VDSL, ISDN, T1 lines, audio and video services. Familiarity with these is typically required as part of job description. Works with technically specialized installations and educates customers on functionality and features to ensure that services are installed and working properly. This position provides the opportunity to continually learn new equipment, features and applications because equipment and technology is always evolving.
- Installs and maintains customer premises PBXs and key systems peripheral equipment, and POTS lines.
- Installs customer premises cabling to include workstation, distribution, and riser copper and fiber optic cabling
- Splicing and testing of copper and fiber optic cable
- Installs and maintains adjunct voice and data equipment such as video conference equipment, modems, routers, switches, special service equipment, and paging systems.
- Programs features and options on stations sets
- Troubleshoots and clears station and premises cable troubles up to the building entrance DEMARC.
- Use electronic test equipment such as cable analyzers, OTDR’s, power meters and oscilloscopes
- Work with centralized testing facility to troubleshoot and ensure services are working properly
- Work with customers to ensure that services and applications are working properly
- Provide customers with a clear explanation of how their products/services work
- Evaluate customers' communication needs and recommend additional products/services when appropriate
· Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings, floor plans, work schematics, circuit drawings and engineering specs
- High School graduate
- 3-5 years experience as Customer Service Technician
- High-level understanding of telephony, data transmission systems, AC/DC circuitry and electronics
· Certified in the installation, testing and repair of premises cabling systems to include all EIA/TIA structured cabling system categories.
· Above average communications skills and customer relations
- Keyboard and Windows based software skills
- Advanced networking (LAN, DSL, IP, ATM, VoIP, SONET)
- Operate testing and repair equipment
- Ability to install/configure VOIP hardware/software applications
· Valid driver’s license
Compensation: Mutual Telecom Services Inc. offers a competitive salary with health benefits as well as 401(k) and vacation pay.
Call us to learn more about these opportunities.
MTS is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Mutual Telecom Services Inc. (MTS) - 12 months ago