Mutual Telecom Services (MTS) is recognized around the globe as a premier voice and data solutions integrator. Come join the team that sets the standard for superior performance and strong focus on customer satisfaction. MTS engineers, furnishes, installs, tests, operates and maintains telecommunications and data systems for COs, PBXs, remotes, WANs, LANs, tactical systems, and secure systems. MTS maintains telecommunications networks including transmission and multiplexing systems and inside and outside cable plants.
MTS is seeking a highly-motivated Premise (MAC) Technician Helper(s) to support a comprehensive Telecommunications Managed Services operation in Northern Virginia.
Premise (MAC) Technician Helper is an entry level position and works across multiple disciplines within the work group. Depending on work load, may assist the Premise (MAC) Technician or the OSP Cable Technician in the performance of their work.
Assisting Premise (MAC) Technician
Assisting OSP Technician
- Assist in the placement of premises cabling
- Mounts termination hardware and terminates cable
- Place cross-connects
- Unboxes, assembles and connects station sets to information outlets
- Places designation strips on equipment and instruments
- Performs simple tasks such as replacing handset cords
· Assist in cable placement
· Mounts termination hardware and terminates cable
· Assist in placement of OSP cable infrastructure
· Place cross-connects
· Acts as Attendant while technicians work in confined spaces
· Performs cable locates
- High School graduate
- 1-2 years experience in telecommunications or related fields
- Basic understanding of telephony and, AC/DC circuitry
- Basic understanding of service orders, plan sets and work operations
- Basic knowledge of voice and data equipment and transmission systems
- Cable and fiber optic fault location
- Color code
- Work with hand tools
- Ability to absorb and retain technical information
- Valid driver’s license
Compensation: Mutual Telecom Services Inc. offers a competitive salary with health benefits as well as 401(k) and vacation pay.
Call us to learn more about these opportunities.
MTS is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Mutual Telecom Services Inc. (MTS) - 19 months ago