When it comes to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our members, Life & Specialty Ventures and its family of companies is always ready.
We are a profitable and growing organization that offers many of the industry’s best individual and group life, dental and disability insurance products. We’re also an organization that’s committed to providing each employee with the chance to make his or her own meaningful difference. Our team is ambitious and passionate, and our work environment is relaxed and fun. Are you ready to join us?
We’re currently searching for a Premium Accounting Analyst to join our dynamic team in Little Rock, Arkansas.
This person will be an inegral part of the team by:
Knowledge of finance, accounting, and internal control principles. Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications. Ability to analyze financial premium data and communicate results. Skill in performing detailed numerical computations. Understanding of Cash and Bank Reconciliations and Lock-boxes. Basic to Intermediate Microsoft experience including basic understanding of databases and advanced Excel skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to compose professional correspondence. Excellent problem solving skills. Ability to maintain attention to detail and maintain a low error rate. Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task and handle deadlines. Ability to handle confidential information. Ability to perform accounting research in the premium admin systems. Project management and customer analyst experience preferred.
- Performs a wide range of detailed/complex accounting and analytical functions pertaining to the Premium Accounting Department.
- Assures day-to-day operations are carried out in accordance with established accounting and insurance principles, policies, and objectives.
- Monitors and reviews accounting history and premium billing statements as well as related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or commensurate experience
- 3 - 4 years in general accounting, payroll or accounts receivable/payable experience
- FLMI 1 & 2, LOMA 1 & 2
- Project Management and/or customer analyst experience, 1 plus year of experience in insurance or banking industry