We have an opening for a Premium Audit Reviewer in our San Francisco office. Responsible for interpreting manual rules and classifications published by the NCCI and/or independent rating bureaus. Responsible for reviewing and analyzing voluntary, telephone, service, interim and physical audits. Ensure that classification codes are in accordance with manual rules, state regulations and premium audit standards. Reconcile exposure details against source documents. Responds to and resolves audit disputes. Makes appropriate audit revisions as needed.
- Ability to perform analysis in order to review company, interview employers, and verify classification, operations, locations, and ownership of each named insured.
- Verifies the premium base exposures according to policy contract terms, manual rules, company filings and procedures.
- Determines employment status of workers and/or non-employees. Documents and notifies carrier and underwriting of the appropriate payroll charges.
- Identifies and documents risk exposures which are not shown under the policy contract and notify carrier and underwriting of coverage and payroll charges requiring change.
- Complies with state regulations and company guidelines, and maintains working knowledge of all insurance manuals, premium audit manuals, and related material.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Bachelor's degree from 4-year college or university; or 1 to 2 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Premium Audit experience preferred.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient on the Microsoft Professional Suite of software, Internet software, Vendor software and Billing systems.
- Certificates and licenses are not required.
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.