Responsible for performing on-site audits in accordance with manual rules and premium audit guidelines to ensure accurate earned premiums. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Visits insureds to audit bookkeeping, payroll, accounting or other relevant records. Assembles facts and data which have a bearing in determining actual earned premiums for specific classes of commercial lines insurance. Analyzes existing data, ISO rules, industry and statutory materials, and claims. Communicates with accountants, producers, and underwriters as required to develop information necessary to complete accurate audits.
- Reviews changes in exposure such as alterations of the operations, products or services, additional or deleted classifications, new construction, additional locations, etc., and reports this information to the underwriter.
- Evaluates all subcontractor operations and investigates these activities when necessary so that each subcontractor's status can be accurately evaluated.
- Responds to and resolves audit disputes and makes appropriate changes to revise audits as needed. Compiles pertinent facts related to disputes, documents and communicates the results of the analysis, and prepares amended audits and submits for billing.
- Maintains a positive customer relationship and provides technical expertise for internal and external customers.
- Utilizes automated premium audit work management system, commercial lines automated system and other tools to complete assignments in accordance with established goals
- Responsible for automobile travel within territory traveling to insureds. Car travel represents approximately 70-80% of employee’s time.
- College degree preferred.
- 1 year Premium Audit experience
- 2 years Underwriting experience
- 2 years Accounting experience
- Maintains familiarity with all insurance manuals, premium audit manuals, handbooks, guides and related materials.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills required including auditing software, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to climb stairs and consistently carry 20 pounds.
- Must be able to travel to insureds’ offices on a daily basis within the assigned territory.
- May require overnight travel.
- Must have valid state-issued driver’s license in good standing.
Selective Insurance Group - 13 months ago