This position earns an hourly wage plus tips.
The purpose of this position is to ensure patrons receive outstanding customer service in a clean, friendly atmosphere. This is accomplished by attending to Premium Level guests' needs during events. Other duties may include setting up suites, taking food and drink orders and conducting financial transactions. This position does not provide direction to other employees.
Please Note: This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes working evenings, nights, weekends and some holidays.
The information listed below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
- Stocks, arranges, and prepares suites for guest arrival by preparing chafing dishes, maintaining food temperatures, and stocking supplies.
- Maintains clean and sanitary conditions in public food consumption areas. Ensure all food preparation areas are cleaned and sanitized appropriately.
- Processes food and beverage request transactions by operating a handheld device and credit card machine, entering and recording sales transactions and taking payments.
- Organizes inventory and replaces supplies as needed.
- Ensures suites and loge areas are cleaned and stocked at the end of the event.
- Ensures that food and beverage orders are delivered timely and correctly.
Formal Education / Knowledge
Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines. A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
A minimum of one year experience as a waiter or server is required. Must be at least eighteen years old.
Certification and Other Requirements
- TABC Certification
- Department of Health Food Handlers Certification
- Valid Texas Class C Drivers License
Basic - Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Intermediate - Ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Intermediate - Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Receives directions: The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with some discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. Assignment is reviewed upon completion.
Supervisory / Organizational Control
No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
Work involves choices of action within limits set by standard practices and procedures. Professional judgment is required to apply the proper course of action.
Interpersonal / Human Relations Skills
Discussion Frequent: From 21% to 50% of work time.
City of Allen, TX - 12 months ago