Title: Premium Support Customer Manager
Department: Premium Support Team
Location: Pittsburgh , PA or Atlanta, GA
Reports To: Premium Support Manager
Ariba, Inc. is the leading provider of collaborative business commerce solutions. Ariba combines industry-leading software as a service (SaaS) technology to optimize the complete commerce lifecycle with the world's largest web-based community to discover, connect and collaborate with a global network of trading partners, delivering everything needed to control costs, minimize risk, improve profits and enhance cash flow and operations – all in a cloud-based environment. Whether you’re buying, selling or managing cash, you can do it more efficiently and effectively in the Ariba® Commerce Cloud. Over 300,000 companies, including more than 90 percent of the Fortune 100, use Ariba’s solutions to drive more efficient inter-enterprise commerce.
The Premium Support Customer Manager is a named contact within Ariba that acts as a
Support Account Manager for the customer and is knowledgeable about customer specific business process, configurations and customizations. This individual will provide mostly functional, product-related and some technical and strategic support to the customer in order to facilitate their use of Ariba products. The Premium Support Customer Manager reports to the Manager of Premium Support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing assigned customers’ interactions on the products designated by the customer in their Premium Support agreement.
- Works with designated contacts from the customer to answer their functional questions regarding supported Ariba products.
- Advises customer’s designated contacts in the development of “Best Practices” based on previous experience.
- Conducts status meetings upon request via internet and telephone.
- To be knowledgeable regarding any customizations or process-driven specifics of the site and be responsible for documenting and training other premium help desk representatives on these items.
- Keeps all customer-specific documentation and knowledge based content items updated for their assigned customers.
- Acts as an internal advocate for customer-specific application needs-championing customer’s interests within Ariba.
- Assists customer’s premium support contacts with understanding of new features and functionality due to product upgrades.
- Assists customer’s premium support contacts with knowledge of known product defects and workarounds.
- Coordinates communication regarding site issues and outages including site upgrades.
- Conducts site visits (average of two per customer per year) to the customer to better understand their support needs.
- Provides monthly customized reports to the customer of their Ariba Customer Support activity in a format and including data as agreed with the customer, which may include service request status and updates, categorization of issues raised, identification of recurrent issues and related training needs, service level tracking, etc.
- Act as the primary on call contact for assigned customers.
- Provides back-up assistance to other secondary-assigned Premium Support customers if their Customer Manager is unavailable for whatever reason.
- Proactively shares knowledge with the global Support organization on frequently asked questions, customer configurations and advance functionality.
- Provide Premium level helpdesk support to "shared" customers
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow set processes but also to exercise judgment and work flexibly in the best interests of the customer and Ariba.
Ariba, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.
- Minimum of 2 Years Customer-facing experience