The Prepared Foods Kitchen Supervisor works closely with the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader to ensure smooth operation of the Prepared Foods Kitchen. You will assume primary responsibility for the kitchen food production, quality and consistency. You will assist the Team Leader with the supervision and training of Kitchen Team Members. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Assume primary responsibility for Kitchen food production according to recipes.
- Guides Chef/Cook in preparation of daily prep lists and job assignments. Ensure Chef/Cook are following up to date and accurate recipes.
- Supervises and delegates tasks to Prepared Foods Kitchen Team Members.
- Communicates any departmental concerns to the Team Leader and/or Associate Team Leader.
- Maintains consistency in food quality standards; provides or follows complete recipes for all products produced in the Kitchen.
- Ensure department orders for supplies and products are timely and accurate.
- Keep all coolers and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
- Analyze and control product transfers, waste and spoilage, using appropriate forms.
- Know product availability, preparation, storage and nutritional aspects.
- Ensure the quality, palatability and presentation of all in-house production.
- Perform Team Member duties as required to run the department
- Be aware of new products and recipes that become available.
- Ensure that product mix meets varied customer dietary needs and requests.
- Have a good understanding of department financials and labor budgets.
- Assist Team Leader with inventory, margin analysis and cost control.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Previous kitchen, culinary, deli, restaurant, kitchen management, cooking or customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers and team members.
- Able to prioritize efficiently and delegate responsibilities.
- Understand and communicate quality goals and ingredient information to customers.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Love and knowledge of natural foods.
- Must have a current Serv-Safe certificate.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
Whole Foods Market - 13 months ago
Prepared Foods Supervisor
Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market
- 13 days ago
Army Installation Management Command
Fort Shafter, HI
- 21 days ago
Flying Food Group
Flying Food Group
- 30+ days ago
Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated 275...