Under the direction of the Director, the Lead Teacher will accept the philosophy of the classroom, and will work as part of the teaching team to encourage a positive learning environment for all children within the center.
- Provides a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Organizes and leads activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Observes and evaluates children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Identifies children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and discusses them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Meets with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Provides curriculum to help in the education and development of the children.
- Communicates with parents in a positive and appropriate manner.
- Represents the staff, center and company with positive attitude while teaching, mentoring or representing the company.
- Provides clear, accurate and grammatically correct correspondence with parents, staff, and external customers.
- Acts as a positive role model and displays leadership qualities when mentoring or teaching staff.
- Attends all mandatory training sessions relevant to classroom of responsibility offered by the company and communicates information to subordinates.
- Uses curriculum and enhancements continually to support company’s educational philosophy.
- Practices appropriate discipline techniques as established by the company and state licensing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- State specific requirements for this position are required
- 3+ years of early childhood experience
- Understanding of developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood education and the ability to use it in the classroom
- Ability to respond appropriately in an emergency situation required
- Ability to be flexible in work assignment and work hours required
- CPR/First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain desired
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. Must be able to bend and move quickly from a sitting position to a standing position. Must be able to assume posture in low levels and provide physical contact and visual contact with children.
The Children's Workshop - 19 months ago
At The Children's Workshop we're not a large company with a cookie-cutter approach. Each of our programs is unique and designed to reflect...