GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Walla Walla Valley Early Learning Coalition (ELC) at Walla Walla Community College seeks an individual to serve as Preschool Teacher for the new Parent Cooperative Preschool in Burbank. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Specific responsibilities of the Preschool Teacher include, but may not be limited to:
Plan and teach preschool class in partnership with parents, parent educator, and staff.
In partnership with other teachers, set up the lab school environment.
Facilitate team of parent helpers in classroom.
Provide equitable guidance and interaction with children and parents.
Plan with the Parent Cooperative Preschool Curriculum Committee and Parent Educator. Incorporate appropriate parent suggestions and activities into curriculum.
Create and distribute copies of monthly calendar in collaboration with parents.
Work with parents to develop skills in leading children’s activities.
Be available for conferences with parents as needed. Participate in parent meetings, curriculum meetings and attend Parent Education staff meetings and in-service at WWCC.
Competencies & Requirements:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to be a team player and share classroom space.
- Clearly communicate messages that positively influence the thoughts and actions of others.
- Ability to recognize the value of individual differences.
- Effectively coordinate activities, services and schedules to ensure smooth and efficient operation of time in classroom.
Associate of Arts degree in Early Childhood Education or related field required; Bachelor’s degree desired. Experience working in early learning setting with children.
Conditions/Terms of Employment:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a part-time position in the Burbank Parent Co-op Program working 2 mornings per week, plus meetings. This person must be able to provide acceptable documentation of lawful authorization to work in the United States within three (3) days of employment; provide transcripts of relevant coursework; provide TB test results; and, maintain current Medic/First Aid/Pediatric CPR card. Candidate may be subject to a criminal history background check as a condition of employment.
Required Application Materials:
Please complete the online application. As part of the online application, you will be asked to attach the following: 1) a cover letter describing how you meet the position qualifications and responses to the Supplemental questions listed below; 2) a resume’, which includes professional background and education/training; 3) contact information for three professional references. You will also need to complete the Supplemental Questions. The position will remain open until filled and the initial screening of applications will begin January 10, 2013.
1) Describe your work experience in the field of Early Childhood Education, specific to teaching preschool.
2) Have you had any parent cooperative preschool experience; please include your philosophy and experience.
3) What other education, experience or abilities do you have that make you uniquely qualified for this position.
Walla Walla Community College - 14 months ago
Preschool Teacher 1 & 2
Oregon Child Development Coalition
Oregon Child Development Coalition
- 30+ days ago