Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world – from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concert tours and news broadcasts. Our innovative digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us dozens of awards, including 2 Oscar® statuettes, a Grammy®, and 14 Emmys®. If you want to be a part of this media industry and think you have what it takes to contribute to our Customer’s success through the following opportunity then send us your credentials.
Avid is seeking a strong storyteller with exceptional presentation design and PowerPoint skills. This exciting and essential position in the Avid Creative Marketing team works with team members and executives at all levels to develop compelling digital presentations for internal and customer-facing applications. This position is based in our headquarters in Burlington, MA with flexibility to work remote for part of the week.
• Strategic storyteller: A keen graphic eye and polished PowerPoint skills are not enough. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to work with colleagues to transform raw content into compelling stories. Strong writing skills are a must–have.
• Strong design skills: The candidate must demonstrate the ability to conceive and create simple yet impactful graphics that reinforce key points within each presentation. The ability to create strong informational graphics is essential.
• PowerPoint experience (Keynote a plus): Extensive PowerPoint experience for Mac and Windows is required. You must know the application inside and out and be able to work quickly and accurately. Technical skills are important, but demonstrating the ability to tell a story with images and text is even more critical
• A strong teammate: The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels within the organization. From marketing peers to top-level executives, the Presentation Designer will work closely with internal clients from content gathering through presentation completion and refinement—including providing presentation coaching/direction as needed.
• A quick study: The successful candidate must display the ability to understand a wide variety of Avid products and solutions, and then distill often complex information into easy to communicate, visually appealing presentations that resonate with a broad spectrum of audiences.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Meeting with colleagues and clients to identify presentation needs and messaging, then quickly determining next steps that result in consistently excellent presentations. Presentation types include but are not limited to:
o Executive Presentations for the investment community
o Executive Presentations to key customer accounts and prospects
o Internal presentations from Executives to Avid staff
o Sales Presentations for direct sales personnel and channel partners (Sales Tools)
• Build self-running, voice-over-based presentations for online usage
• Build in brand, easy to use PowerPoint templates to be use across the organization
• Report progress and work with the Creative Marketing Director to ensure that every presentation is strong, that every client promise is met, and that priorities are appropriately set and followed through on
• Collaborate with Creative Marketing leadership to ensure that presentations adhere to Avid Visual Brand and Voice standards
• Work as a member of the Creative Services team to develop and share concepts for a variety of graphics-based presentations
• Conduct presentation post mortems and communicate/advocate for process improvements as needed
Education required: Bachelor’s Degree art, writing or an equivalent level of professional experience
Experience: To qualify for this position candidates must have experience building successful presentations, either as part of a broader marketing function or in a presentation / design / creative specialist role; the actual years of experience is not as important as the impact of the portfolio and the ability to communicate at the executive level in an organization.
Portfolio: Must present 3-5 short, powerful sample presentations
Qualified candidates please apply online with your resume, cover letter and include a link to your portfolio.
Avid Technology - 22 months ago
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation...