The Methodist Home for Children and Youth, a multi-faceted residential care home in Macon, Georgia, that addresses the needs of abused, neglected, and abandoned children, seeks a visionary administrator to guide and advance the operations and services as the President and CEO. The Board of Trustees invites letters of application and nomination for this exceptional leadership opportunity.
The Leadership Opportunity
Appointed by the Board of Trustees, the President and CEO serves as the executive officer of the organization, guiding and committing the agency to action within the parameters established by the Board of Trustees. The President and CEO will be committed to both excellence and service.
Among the responsibilities, the President and CEO:
- Assures the periodic evaluation of the Agencys services
- Demonstrates appropriate responsibility, as delegated by the Board, for all children in care, administration of the Childrens Home and any other program that the Board deems appropriate
- Demonstrates appropriate responsibility for the planning and coordinating of all phases of the Agencys program and services
- Reviews and evaluates the results of the Agencys program, suggesting creative action, modifying and/or revising where indicated
- Researches and investigates pertinent fields to maintain awareness of changing needs within the community
- Has oversight of overall safety of residents and staff
- Directs the Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) Plan and its impact on the organization
- Provides for conferences with children, and/or families, as requested or needed
- Provides professional leadership and technical consultation to the Board
- Keeps the Board informed of financial and personnel needs and actions, makes regular reports on all phases of the Agencys programs, services, and facilities, and schedules and prepares for all Board and Board Committee meetings
- Coordinates with the Vice President for Development in requesting and securing gifts and financial resources for the organization
- Represents the organization for the public and fulfills speaking engagements as available
- Prepares the annual budget in cooperation with the Personnel and the Finance committees
- Ensures all funds are employed in accordance with policy and all disbursements are properly accounted for through Board approved procedures
- Provides oversight to fundraising campaign as approved by the Board
- Oversees all contracts, including reviewing each contract to see if it is completed as agreed, making decisions to renew or terminate contracts, and signing all contracts
The President and CEO will possess and exhibit exceptional judgment and ethical behavior. The ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks, communicate professionally across a broad spectrum of constituencies, maintain a calm demeanor when handling crisis and/or multiple responsibilities, and effectively lead a multi-faceted team also are required.
Qualified candidates will have an advanced degree in a field of business and/or human services or social work from a regionally accredited academic institution and will be registered, licensed, or certified if such is available in their professional field of preparation. Also required are at least five years of senior administrative experience with demonstrated success in a residential setting. Strong preference will be given to prior human service experience.
For a detailed profile on this search, go to:
- Demonstrated competence in administering and providing services to individuals, families, and/or children
- Ability to uphold the mission and values of The Methodist Home for Children and Youth
- Proven management skills in budgeting, finance, and personnel administration
- Knowledge of licensing and accrediting body procedures and standards
- Ability to coordinate the organizations services with other community agencies
- Commitment to an open, participatory, team-oriented management style
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and age differences in the service population
- Ability to articulate ideas, goals, and mission clearly and persuasively
- Be willing to be on continuous emergency on-call and extensive local travel as well as moderate long-distance travel
The Methodist Home for Children and Youth
In 1872, Bibb County, Georgia, sold its Widows and Orphans Home to the South Georgia Conference of The Methodist Church for one dollar. From that day, the organization began its journey from an orphanage to a nationally respected and recognized residential treatment and foster care provider that shelters while nourishing and enriching each childs life to prepare them to transition into productive, healthy adult members of society. Over the last 140 years, the Methodist Home has evolved from a 92-acre working farm with a few small buildings to a beautiful residential campus that provides hope and happiness to at-risk children and youth.
Today, the Methodist Home is a multi-faceted residential care home providing a continuum of specialized treatment programs that address the needs of abused, neglected, and abandoned children. Since 1987, the Methodist Home has exemplified this mission and provided a safe haven. It has impacted the lives of more than 10,000 children from across the state of Georgia through its operations in Macon, Americus, Valdosta, St. Marys, Columbus, and Waverly Hall.
The Methodist Home exists as a faith-based organization to provide at-risk youth the security, education, and hope necessary to transition into contributing and productive adults.
In addition to its rich heritage, The Methodist Home stands tall as a program of excellence. It is the only childcare agency in Georgia with dual accreditation by both the Council on Accreditation (COA) and the United Methodist Association (EAGLE), and has held both accreditations for 20 years.
The Methodist Home has been recognized as Organization of the Year both in the state of Georgia and by the United Methodist Association nationwide. The Methodist Home has demonstrated its commitment to best practices through its innovative programs, such as First Placement-Best Placement and Intensive Family Visitation; through pioneering a national grant in reduction of physical restraint in residential care (CALM); through development of workplace assessment for staff (NCPC), and in treatment of sexually abused children (STARS). The Methodist Home has been honored by the Better Business Bureaus Torch Award for high ethics in the marketplace. More than a dozen other awards hang proudly in its Heritage Hall. The staff also is widely recognized for its excellence, as evidenced by the numerous awards hanging in offices across the campuses.
About Macon, Georgia
Headquarters for The Methodist Home is located in Macon, Georgia. Considered a blend of progressive thinking and a respect for history, Macon offers large city amenities and true Southern charm. The population of the historic city is an estimated 93,000, and the metropolitan area is almost 230,000.
Located 90 miles south of Atlanta, Macon is known for its beautiful homes and cultural events and attractions. Each spring, when the citys 300,000 Yoshino Cherry Trees bloom, thousands of visitors travel to Macon for the 10-day International Cherry Blossom Festival. Other notable attractions include the Ocmulgee National Monument & Indian Mounds, the Tubman African American Museum, the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame, and the Museum of Arts and Sciences.
The cultural arts are strongly supported by the community, with five performing arts theatres, the most prominent being the historic 1,000-seat Grand Opera House, which offers Broadway shows and concerts and is home to the Macon Symphony and the Macon Youth Orchestra. The areas health care facilities and offerings are among the best in the state.
Five colleges and universities are located in Macon.
The Methodist Home for Children and Youth is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications & Nominations
Send nominations, inquiries, and letters of application, including a cover letter, resume, and four references, to:
Deadline for applications is February 15, 2013.
Myers McRae Executive Search and Consulting is assisting The Methodist Home for Children and Youth with this search. The consultant team leaders are:
Emily Parker Myers, President and CEO
Hunter Godsey, Vice President
Myers McRae Executive Search and Consulting
515 Mulberry Street, Suite 200, Macon, Georgia 31201
478.330.6222 | www.myersmcrae.com
Philanthropy Careers - 11 months ago
Medcen Community Health Foundation
- 18 hours ago
Executive Assistant- CEO
Munich American Reassurance Company
Munich American Reassurance Company
- 30+ days ago
CEO, Phoebe Physician Group
Cejka Executive Search
- 9 days ago