Ahtna Engineering Services, LLC (AES) / Ahtna Environmental, Inc. (AEI) President will direct the business operations of AES and AEI by developing a strategic plan to advance the companies objectives to promote revenue, profitability, and growth. The President will initiate and implement programs to ensure attainment of business goals and oversee the company’s operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources. The President is a critical member of Ahtna Netiye’ senior management team and provides the lead role in AES/AEI strategic planning and business plan implementation. The President reports to the AEI/AES respective Board of Directors and Ahtna Netiye’ CEO regarding the business plan, budget and policy matters and serves as the link between AES/AEI staff and the Board of Directors, assuring that all policies and directives of the Board are performed and met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Including, but not limited to:
- Acts as AEI/ AES chief representative to the public, government officials, potential clients, and partners to other corporations.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the companies; researches new business opportunities, creates and develops marketing materials and tools; and oversees the proposal preparation process.
- President directs policies, objectives, and initiatives of the Companies within the guidelines of the business plan and directives.
- Coordinates activities with the management of Ahtna, Inc. and its family of companies, assuring that AES/AEI are properly performing its role in the overall mission of the Ahtna family of companies.
- Develops and updates annual strategic plans for AEI and AES Board of Directors.
- Provides regular reports to the AES/AEI Board of Directors on achieving the goals and objectives of the plans.
- Investigates, analyzes and presents new business development opportunities that will further the strategic mission and operating plans of AES/AEI.
- Ensures contract compliance requirements are met including contractual actions for conformance with FAR, DFAR, and other agency regulations. Responsible for managing risks from contract or regulatory non-compliance during contract performance. Ensures compliance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations through contract closeout.
- Ensures compliance with Small Business Administration 8(a) program requirements.
- Cultivates teaming relationships, partnerships, mentor-protégée relationships and joint ventures which support and enhance AES/AEI’S growth and profitability strategies.
- Reviews financial statements, reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and determines areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Prepares and delivers written reports, conducts meetings and negotiates with employees, government officials, subcontractors, teaming partners and private sector clients.
- Oversees the development of responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Capability Briefings, Statement of Qualifications and firm presentations.
- Promotes opportunities for Ahtna shareholders both within and outside of AES/AEI in accordance with policies and directives from the Ahtna Inc. Board of Directors.
- Establish and promote mission, vision and values for company, ensuring alignment with overall parent company goals. Develop and administer company policies and procedures.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures.
- Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Knowledge of public relations principles and practices.
- Knowledge of communication and public relation techniques.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to identify and secure funding/revenue sources.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations to the public, professional staff, business community and government officials at all levels.
- Work effectively within a diverse community.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness. Able to clearly organize thoughts and articulate vision to others.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of administering government (federal, state, and/or local) and private sector contracts. Contracts management experience to include conformance with the SBA, FAR and DFAR regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in proposal development. Experience in the management of successful proposal campaigns and development of successful competitive proposals.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and business development with emphasis on growing and sustaining customer relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in small business ownership and/or management and Small Business Administration’s 8(a) program.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years knowledge and experience in contracting at the executive level. College degree may be substituted for related work experience reflecting demonstrated abilities based on a 1 to 3 year ratio.
- Master’s degree in business or related field.
- Previous experience in working for an ANC.
- Comprehensive understanding of ANCSA and the history and role of Ahtna, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
Majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities. Must be willing and able to travel (CONUS and OCONUS) approximately 15 – 20% of the time.
Frequent sitting, using hands/fingers, handling, reaching with hands and arms; talking, hearing and seeing (up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth perception and the abilities to adjust focus); occasional walking or standing; occasional lifting of up to 10 pounds.[Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
It is Ahtna’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given to qualified Ahtna Native Corporation Shareholders, Descendants, and Spouses in all phases of employment. Ahtna and its subsidiaries are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard