This is a 2nd shift postition
This position will require a self directed, team oriented individual, who demonstrates pride and ownership in his/her work. This position will be responsible for helping the Press Operator fulfill the production requirements including break and lunch relief. Press Helpers along with Press Operators, will be responsible for AIB sanitation scores in their areas, and individuals in this position are expected to possess a good mechanical aptitude and use available time to train for future Press Operator openings.
· Routinely assist Press Operators with die changes, die washing, semolina line set-up, machinery start-up and assist with flavored production.
· Assist Press Operators whenever and where ever operational needs require.
· Training for complete knowledge of press operation: Extrusion, drying, product quality, specification compliance, semolina blends, regrind, and press efficiency.
· Effective communication verbal and written.
· Responsible for the manufacturing of safe, legal and quality product.
· Ensure that work areas are clean and that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) are fully complied with.
· Ensure compliance with all safety programs and maintain hazard free work areas.
· Equipment troubleshooting.
· Die Room maintenance.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Must demonstrate good communications skills and be able to understand and interpret equipment training and procedures manuals.
· Must demonstrate basic math skills.
· Must possess a basic mechanical aptitude. Previous food manufacturing experience or technical training would be beneficial.
· Basic troubleshooting and problem solving skills would be helpful.
· Solid understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and HACCP programs.
· Demonstrate ability to interpret equipment drawings.
· Demonstrate good math skills and a solid understanding of manufacturing equipment operation and theory.
· Demonstrate good troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· High school diploma or equivalent.