Responsible for the preparation, running, and required maintenance on the press equipment to ensure the timely and quality delivery of the newspaper. Should be able to run reelstands and prepare rolls as needed.
Essential Functions: |
• Prepare the press for printing, check to make sure press is ready to go
• Maintain the press in operational conditions
• Check all maintenance requirements and ensure the safe operation of the equipment
• Make sure makeup is correct
• Set water levels
• Check off plates for current date and material
• Prepare the plates and paper for loading on the press
• Assure the ink system is in working order and ready for production.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• Less than 6 months; ability to multitask and work well under pressure
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to lift at least 40 lbs.
• Ability to climb stairs
• Ability to troubleshoot and work with machinery in a fast pace environment
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work under pressure with daily deadlines
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work with machinery and work at above floor heights
• Ability to work in a noisy environment
• Ability to multitask
• Understand basic production safety requirements and the appropriate personal protective equipment
• Basic computer knowledge
• High School Diploma or GED
• Constant standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, repetitive motions, eye/foot/hand coordination
• Frequent lifting, carrying, balancing, crouching, grasping
• Constant exposure to noise
• Possible hot, humid dusty conditions
Schurz Communications, Inc.
- 3 years ago - save job