WS Packaging's Mason location is looking for a 3rd Shift Press Operator.
The Press Operator role is responsible for the set up and operation of single and multi-color printing presses in accordance with the printing specifications and customer requirements/expectations.
FLSA Status: Exempt or Non-Exempt
• Ensures that product is printed according to specifications.
• Reviews job tickets and verifies stock, inks, and dies are available and used as specified.
• Performs line clearance by following line clearance SOP.
• Pulls spec, verifies aniloxes, ink colors, die outline, stock, and special instructions.
• Sets up machine; installs aniloxes, inks, correct stock, die, and plates.
• Sets impressions and registers print-to-print and print-to-die.
• Loads the specified type of paper and adds ink
• Adjusts the press to the paper size and feeds the paper through the press cylinders
• Completes all start-up checks, verifies scan ability of bar code, and gets start approval.
• Completes in-process inspections; follows work instructions and control plan.
• Finishes job by verifying end to start approval.
• Closes out job by completing paperwork and placing in ticket with product.
• Performs general maintenance to press.
• Follows 6S guidelines assigned to work area and surrounding areas.
May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Nature and Scope:
This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel requiring the ability to clearly communicate both verbally and written. Effectiveness in this role requires an in-depth knowledge of full four color printing technology including how to start, prepare and color test four color printing requirements; safety regulations including the safe use of chemicals related of the printing process; record keeping techniques; standard software application. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.).
Requires a minimum 2 years of relevant experience in press operation in a manufacturing environment.
• Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail and word processing.
• Meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test.
• Set up, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on press.
• Basic leadership skills required to give press assistant simple directions.
• Basic math skills to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
• Solid verbal and written communications skills with strong ability to follow written or verbal instructions
• Read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions.
• Pass color vision and color hue tests.
• Maintain good attendance.
• Willing to work overtime as needed.
• Willingness to be a cross-functional employee that can work with multiple teams within the organization to achieve success
• Capable of devising multiple alternative solutions based on limited assumptions and information
• Ability to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
Has contact with all levels of company employees and in some cases external customers. Primary internal customers include operations: Press Support, Finishing, and Quality teams.
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May, on a continuous basis, stand for a long period of time and stoop and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area, also write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs. may be required. Vision: close vision, distance and color vision to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception as well as the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Must be able to work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is generally not eligible for relocation benefits.
WS Packaging Group, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
WS Packaging Group, Inc. - 14 months ago