Starting as an electronics wholesaler, Woot became the originator of the “one day, one deal” model. Today, we offer daily deals in a variety of categories, including Home, Kids, Wine, T-shirts, and more! This is just the beginning!
Due to growth, we are currently seeking a Press Operator for our rapidly growing screen printing operation.
Some people call the Press the Fourth Estate! Of course, those people don't have to know our press is for making shirts. If you want to go to the bars and show off your business card and tell people you handle all our press, hey, what business is that of ours? We're a team, right? Just think of us as your big corporate wingman. And hey, buds help each other out, right? Because we've got all these shirt designs that need printing, and you kinda owe us one now, you know, for that whole wingman thing...
In this job, you’ll learn: that all those evenings mastering your E-Z-Bake Oven will finally pay off.
Intangible benefits: You'll probably develop an encyclopedia knowledge of every shirt we've ever printed. It might not seem important, but thirty years ago, neither was the guy who knew everything about Superman. And now, he's writing movies! And least we heard he was writing movies. We don't really fact check our job descriptions.
Potential hazards: if the t-shirt press comes to life like in a Stephen King story, we're going to just write you off and bar the door. Nothing personal. We've just got to think about the bigger picture in a situation like that.
If Woot were a superhero team, you’d be: the one with a new costume each month, as designed by readers. And maybe you'd get a solo story every couple of years.
Worst part of the job: the evil clown out back. He just keeps staring at where your office is going to be. You think he knows something?
It’ll go better if: you can afford to hand out hundred dollar bills to every staff member on your first day. But really, that's true for any job, isn't it?
Make sure you bring: a charm that protects you from a living t-shirt press. Probably you won't ever need it... but why take chances?
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Loading and running an Automatic T-Shirt Press
- Leading the other two members of the print team
- Monitoring print counts to maintain compliance with number of shirts on work order.
- Maintain quality control looking at shirts as they come off the press
- Setting up the press for print runs
- Consults with Production Lead and Production Manager
- Other Duties Could Include:
- Performing cleanup and maintenance on press and other equipment
- Occasionally pulling shirts from stock for printing
- Assisting with any other part of the shirt production process
- Able to load and operate an M&R automatic screen press
- Knowledge of the screen printing process
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
- Experience in an apparel print production or screen printing environment
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...