Manage the City’s Wastewater Pretreatment Program, and support the Environmental Laboratory staff. This includes: Tracking and interpreting pretreatment regulations, maintaining and monitoring data and compliance records, collecting water and wastewater samples; perform field analysis and pretreatment evaluations; perform laboratory chemical and bacteriological analysis.|
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
This information is intended to be descriptive of the principle duties and responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
1. Performs lab analyses; operating lab equipment, Fats-Oil-Greases (FOG) analyzer, preparing reagents, performing relevant quality assurance and quality control.
2. Field work includes collecting water and wastewater samples, FOG samples, running field tests and, preparing samples for analysis.
3. Researches Federal, State, and surrounding communities’ pretreatment requirements; contributes to developing the City’s pretreatment program according to State regulations.
4. Work in conjunction with Environmental Health Division to ensure compliance with city FOG Ordinance.
5. Performs administrative duties including creating files, entering data into computer, maintaining FOG Database, maintaining data in field book, maintaining a chain of custody, typing relevant reports, and filling out and filling out and filing necessary reports.
6. Performs inspections consulting with owners and managers regarding pretreatment ordinances, and prepares documentation and testimony for enforcement activities.
7. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
CITY OF KERRVILLE APPLICATION REQUIRED; RESUMES ARE CONSIDERED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ONLY. VISIT KERRVILLETX.GOV, EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES, TO OBTAIN AN APPLICATION OR AVAILABLE AT KERRVILLE CITY HALL.
Texas Municipal League - 5 months ago