Repair and install refrigeration and air conditioning equipment. Repair air distribution equipment such as air handlers, exhaust fans. Repair pneumatic and DDC controls such as thermostats, sensors, controllers, etc. Repair heating and cooling pumps and hot water tank valves.
- Associates degree in Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration OR four (4) years work experience in HVAC field.
- Two (2) years experience with building controls i.e. Trane, JCI Metasys, etc.
- City of Fargo journeyman’s license for heating, cooling and natural gas or the ability to obtain within 1 year.
- Certified EPA approved cooling tech license or the ability to obtain within 1 year.
- Strong written, interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others, as well as part of a team.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Special subject knowledge – DDC , Pneumatic, Refrigeration, hot water, steam controls & system.
- Seven (7) years experience in HVAC field.
- Four (4) years experience with building controls i.e. Trane, JCI Metasys…
- Computer skills with DDC systems and microprocessor controllers.
- Universal approved for all air conditioning and refrigeration.
Open Until Filled:
Internal/External Simultaneously: Open to all applicants
Special Instructions to Applicants:
No Smoking Notice:
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Veteran’s Preference Notice:
This position is subject to North Dakota Veteran’s Preference requirements.
Thorson Maintenance Center
North Dakota State University - 13 months ago