The Prevention Program Manager has overall responsibility for all aspects of prevention services including, supervision, administration, monitoring, planning, and program development and serves as the primary contact for the County for which they are assigned. As the leader of a treatment oriented team, the manager recruits and accepts referrals into the program, and serves as the liaison to a variety of community and public agencies. The manager is also responsible for providing the day-to-day management of program staff, ensuring each individual achieves his or her job description goals.
- MSW or Master's degree in the area of social service or related human services discipline
- Minimum of three years experience supervising employees with a strong ability to train and serve as a role model
- Minimum of two years experience in case management working with troubled children
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new roles, tasks and situations, and work in a culturally and economically diverse population
- Strong observation, analytical and listening skills
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, including preparation of written reports, correspondence and maintenance of accurate records
- Ability to organize, set priorities, take initiative and exercise sound, independent judgment within areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated computer skills and strong knowledge of MS products including MS Word, Excel and various databases. Connections database experience a plus.
- Possess a valid NYS Driver's License and successfully pass a formal background check
- 2 years ago - save job