SimplexGrinnell, an integrated unit of Tyco International Ltd., is a recognized leader in the manufacture, sales and service of state-of-the-art monitor and control systems for fire alarm, integrated security (access control, CCTV, intrusion alarm), communications, nurse call, portable fire extinguishers, suppression and sprinkler fire protection systems. Our continued success and growth has produced a need for a talented PMA Sales Rep in our Seattle, WA location.
The primary function of this position is to positively and professionally represent the Company with respect to the promotion and sale of various service offerings to end users of fire alarm, suppression, sprinkler day-work, inspections, security, sound, and communication equipment within assigned territory.
- Establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers of service contracts by scheduling sales calls, following up of leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies.
- Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of Company service offerings.
- Close sufficient sales to minimally meet sales plan objectives.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designed sales plan.
- Conduct building surveys to support the development of estimates.
- Maintain correct and complete records of all sales related activities.
- Submit all required sales reports, expenses, competitive activity and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers to ensure that SimplexGrinnell is meeting their requirements to ensure long-term customer loyalty.
- Support the Service Department towards achieving customer excellence, as well as working with other Departments to generate leads for service or equipment / device upgrades.
- Meet key objectives of Annual Commission plan.
- Performs other duties as required.
Responsible for meeting sales goals of assigned territory and working with all branch personnel necessary to accomplish goal and satisfy customer requirements.
Education: Bachelor degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
Experience: College graduate with one to three years of sales experience in a related business with a proven successful record of accomplishment that is verifiable.
Special Skills: Excellent communication skills. Must have the ability to persuade and close sales. Must have the ability to handle a variety of situations encountered during sales process and disciplined to work with limited supervision.
Other: Sales quota achievement as well as implement service sales strategy to exceed goals.
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening. SimplexGrinnell offers excellent compensation and benefits program, including educational assistance, employee stock plan and matching 401(k) plan. For more information on SimplexGrinnell, please review our home page at:
SimplexGrinnell is an EEO Employer M/F/D/V
Sales/Business Development/Sales Admin
Feb 25, 2013
Tyco - 21 months ago
We have a passion to protect what matters most.
We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing vital...