I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
To apply principles of accounting and statistics to analyze complex nontechnical pricing-related aspects of request for proposals and to prepare pricing consistent with Company requirements to maximize potential profit.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Analyzes requests for proposal to determine customer's cost proposal requirements to assist proposal managers in developing Company response. Tailors standard formats to meet customer's requirements. Contributes to pricing strategy.
2. Negotiates costs with customer or bidder and interfaces with Company management to develop or review cost proposal for furnishing services, supplies, equipment or other material to the customer.
3. Organizes material according to Company practices and terminology. Prepares summaries for incorporation into proposals; provides contract administrators and proposal managers with information needed for the other parts of the cost proposal. Provides insight into competitive pricing practices.
4. Coordinates all submissions into consolidated budget and financial forecast. Prepares estimates for cost proposals and justifications.
5. Reviews line inputs to ensure that proposal is responsive to the request for proposal and conforms to government regulations. Ensures that proposed materials meet Company standards and constitute a complete package.
6. Performs quality assurance review to ensure that all proposal actions relative to pricing are comprehensive, complete and responsive.
7. May develop specialized data bases for pricing inputs, revisions and justifications. Prepares reports on various aspects of pricing.
8. Collaborates on the determination of cost proposal policies, standards and procedures.
9. Attends and supports audits and fact finding sessions.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
BS + Four Years Experience
Strong MS Office Excel Skills Good Communication Skills
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world. This sector is headquartered in Washington, D.C. Core capabilities include:
• Expertise as a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul services
• Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats
• Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations
• High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and
employ a skilled...