Position: Pricing Analyst
Reports to: Vice President Pricing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: February 2013
This position will have primary responsibility to support the area of product management by collecting, summarizing, and analyzing pricing information.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
1. Partner with business and category management teams, as well as, resources from IT and center of excellence to optimize customer pricing and profitability.
2. Coordinate interaction between business users, IT, and system resources regarding pricing and profit enhancements. Gather business requirements and explore feasibility of solutions based on potential system and process enhancements. Lead and assist in the documentation of business requirements and pricing SOP's.
3. Act as a subject matter expert on SAP and Vistex system capabilities with respect to customer pricing and profitability. Develop an in-depth understanding of how new capabilities within SAP could be applied to optimize profit, streamline pricing maintenance and potentially improve efficiency and controls with respect to customer pricing.
4. Serve in an oversight role for customer profitability including profit model design, feedback, and analysis.
5. Lead a team of pricing maintenance members who either reside directly within pricing or within a matrix reporting structure where maintenance is performed within cross-functional areas such as sales, category management, or master data.
6. Other tasks and projects as assigned.
Focuses on results in a professional, ethical, and responsible manner when dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and others.
Accepts being accountable and responsible in work practices and expectations. Delivers what is promised.
Foster a collaborative, team-oriented attitude. Communicates effectively with others with clarity and transparency.
Uses innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve work and customer issues.
Seeks assistance in solving work problems through collaboration and information seeking.
Demonstrates alignment with H. D. Smith values, mission, and strategy.
A bachelor's degree plus five years job related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A minimum of two years dedicated pricing experience required.
Preferred experience is within a pharmaceutical distributor or generic manufacturer selling through multiple channels including independent pharmacies, small retail chains, long term care, and hospital markets.
Demonstrate a high level of business acumen.
Exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken.
Strong computer skills, including expertise in Microsoft Excel and Access (Access Report writing preferred).
Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
General Office Equipment
Most tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate.
Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time these tasks require may vary from day-to-day and task-to-task.
Requires 10-finger dexterity to use and operate all standard office equipment.
Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Some travel to and from meetings may be required, including air travel.
Must be able to do simple to complex math calculations.
Must be able to analyze complex information.
Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorable in all work situations.
Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
Must be able to accurately code data, must be knowledgeable in office procedures, and able to answer questions in a professional and friendly manner.
Must be able to balance accounts and compile computer reports.
May require public contact and excellent interpersonal skills.
Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written material, and articulate goals and action plans.
Requires working in office setting.
Dress code is business casual or professional as situation dictates.
H. D. Smith - 17 months ago
With a name like Smith you might think it's all about generics, but H. D. Smith Wholesale Drug is more than that. The company...