Deal Desk Pricing Manager
® Serve as a trusted advisor to sales on pricing, product configuration, and business terms to support the sales effort to ensure revenue and profit growth in accord with company plans.
® Use and enhance transaction analysis tools for whole-deal profitability and assessment, incorporating instrument pricing, reagent pricing, no-charge reagents, etc.
® Serve as primary point of contact for sales organization for non-standard deals. Leverage historical discounting trends to create competitive price quotes.
® Advise sales on objection handling techniques, alternative contract options, and/or value propositioning to help drive deal closures.
® Deploy pricing models, guidelines, and standards for transaction types, such as volume-based reagent discounting, reagent credits with purchase, reagent rentals, etc.
® Cooperate with Life Technologies Financial Solutions to implement leases and reagent rentals.
® Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies. Be a sales advocate & partner to internal organizations to understand complex sales issues.
® Collaborate with impacted parties to identify acceptable options to facilitate deal closures.
® Work with teammates and management to identify process improvement and/or sales training opportunities.
® Contribute to win/loss tracking and analysis tools to understand true participation rate, win rate, and underlying reasons.
® Provide insights about observed trends to Product Management, Finance and Marketing.
® Manage daily transaction flow.
® Special projects as needed.
Requires a Bachelors Degree in Finance, Math, or a related field of study. Advanced degree preferred
- Requires at least 4 years experience in deal desk, pricing, sales operations, or comparable commercial role
- Must be a self-starter, highly analytical, with sound decision-making skills
- Intermediate MS Excel skills required (macros and pivot tables)
- Experience in biotechnology or life science related company a plus
- Siebel/SAP and Cognos experience helpful
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail are essential
- Candidate should also be confident in his/her ability to articulate and document project related activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer service skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment required
Life Technologies - 20 months ago
Life Technologies is a global biotechnology tools company providing premier systems, consumables, and services for scientific researchers...