Works within the Pricing department under the general direction of the Strategic Marketing Manager, but able to work with minimal supervision. Responsibilities include maintaining product pricing and profitability within tactical pricing framework. This is accomplished through cost analysis and containment; market analysis; product rationalization; and price adjustments. Position requires interaction with all internal departments and limited outside contract services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Will include, but not limited to the following areas:
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS :
- Handle day-to-day customer related pricing matters and resolve them using sound judgment reasoning and based upon MICO market objectives.
- Work within cross-functional project teams on product opportunities to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Establish new product pricing based on product value, customer background, cost data and product history.
- Collect and analyze all MICO products annually and make recommendations on the appropriate price points to maximize profit margins while increasing or maintaining revenue.
- Maintain price data through a variety of supporting programs.
- Identify areas for process improvements to ensure accuracy of item pricing and effectiveness.
- Maintain product profitability while identifying areas for profit improvements through a variety of profit levers.
- Work with Cost Accounting to provide product cost estimates.
- Continually refine and make recommendations for the improvement of pricing models and price strategies.
- Support general finance and sales projects and analyses as requested.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the MICO tactical pricing framework and all its components.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of MICO strategic pricing framework and all its components.
- Attend/complete seminars related to the Pricing profession to enhance job performance and personal growth.
- Remain current on customer news, macroeconomic conditions and internal cost trends to determine impacts to pricing models.
- Monitor current regulations, legislation and MICO records to insure pricing compliance on a legal and ethical basis.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Look for and recommend product and process improvements in support of corporate continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform other miscellaneous projects that are requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer college graduate with degree in Business from an accredited college or university or a combination of education and experience. Demonstrated competency with personal computers and various software packages including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office suite of programs with excellent Excel knowledge and skills. Certified Pricing Processional (CPP) designation preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
Proficient with personal computer and 10-key adding machine.
Familiar with macros and complex spreadsheet formulas, definitions, and applications.
Capable of learning MICO specific software tools.
Display excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
Employee must be able to visit and work with other employees in other areas of the building including the shop floor and engineering department.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is required to request assistance when lifting anything exceeding 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, and is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles or risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MICO offers an outstanding work environment and exceptional employee benefits that include fully paid insurance premiums for employee’s medical/dental coverage.
Please visit www.mico.com to explore opportunities and benefits in our organization and to apply for this exciting career opportunity.
RESUMES NOT ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF THE MICO APPLICATION
MICO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
MICO - 19 months ago