The Pricing Analyst will be an integral member of the finance department and capture/proposal team assisting in the interpreting solicitation requirements and development of the pricing strategy. Must be able to prepare complex pricing proposals as well as conduct research and perform competitive pricing analysis. Experience in all types of contracts is required.
Additionally the Pricing Analyst will work with Program teams on the establishment of financial controls in monitoring and controlling budgets and forecasts. This position reports directly to the Finance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
Prepare timely, accurate and compliant cost and business proposals, establishing and coordinating schedules, cost/price model development, and cost narrative.
Participate in the proposal pricing process to include:
- Working closely with Capture Manager, Technical Staff and functional departments to ensure accuracy, coordination of cost proposals and to collect data, and to develop pricing strategy
- Coordinates compiling of all cost elements, and analyzing estimates against previous cost experience and recommends adjustments
- Administers pricing databases
- Participate in pricing review with upper management and coordinate with senior staff to determine pricing structure and strategy
- Support audits and participate in cost proposal clarifications or negotiations
Bachelors Degree in related discipline plus at least 4 years of directly related experience in pricing/proposal development and government contracts. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived based on applicable work experience.
Nice to Have: Unanet experience.
- Experience working with all phases of solicitation processes such as request for information (RFI), RFP responses and negotiations.
- Knowledge of all contract types including FFP, CPFF, CPAF and T&M.
- Able to read an RFP and understand price volume deliverables.
- Able to set up hypothetical rate and profit/loss scenarios.
- Organize documents and related data for audit purposes.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks in this deadline driven area without significant supervision along with excellent verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications particularly Excel.
- Familiarity with Government Cost Accounting Principles and the FAR.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with others; working in a team environment.