Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) is the largest operator of retail farm and ranch stores in the United States. We presently have more than 1200+ stores in 46 states and an e-commerce website at TractorSupply.com. We are a growth company and research indicates we have an opportunity to grow to 2,400 domestic Tractor Supply store locations. It is very exciting to be a part of this $4+ billion organization.
This position is responsible for recommending and executing strategic pricing for assigned categories, channels and sales types utilizing price modeling tools and price optimization software. The Pricing Analyst will work closely with the VP/DMM, Buyers and Director of Pricing to identify trends, monitor sales and margin performance and forecast impact of pricing action.
- Uses sales and margin performance analysis, interprets customer and competitor behavior and provides guidance and recommendations for strategic pricing at the SKU, category and department level across assigned categories, channels and sales types. Leverages competitive information and market basket analysis to formulate recommendations. Includes forecasts of changes in sales, profits, and unit demand with pricing recommendations. Executes price changes driven through Pricing Team analysis.
- Tests price elasticity through selective SKU-level price changes. Performs analysis and creates category pricing elasticity models to better understand customer price sensitivity and the impact of pricing changes to assigned categories, channels and sales types. Communicates analysis with recommendations to management and Buying Teams. Assists with strategic pricing initiatives by providing elasticity analysis and pricing recommendations.
- Develops and maintains analysis for use in monitoring and reviewing SKU, category, department and Buyer-level financial results, identifying trends and formulating future plans and forecasts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Masters degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or MBA. 2+ years of retail experience
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree in a related field (Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Business, Marketing, Economics, Industrial Engineering or the equivalent) is strongly preferred. 2-4 years in a retail environment, with 1-3 years of pricing management or optimization experience is preferred; any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Advanced analytical and PC skills, including Excel and Power Point required
- Ability to build financial and statistical models, analyze data and translate analysis into specific, targeted action to drive results required
- Strong problem-solving skills required
- Proficiency with database design and management, and in working with complex and large volumes of data preferred
- Able to work in a fast paced and changing environment required
- Strong organizational and communication (written and oral) skills required
- Able to work independently and with little supervision required
- Excellent ability to manage to deadlines required
- Able to positively handle conflict required
Tractor Supply Company - 8 months ago
At Tractor Supply Company we’re much more than tractors. We’re a team of passionate individuals dedicated to the rural...