Reports directly to the Corporate Pricing Manager. Performs all pricing tasks with minimal supervision. This position is responsible for preparation of VSE cost/price responses to government request for proposals (RFPs). In addition, the position will assume responsibility for the preparation of a fully complaint and competitive pricing volume, establishing and coordinating schedules, cost/price model development, and able to assist in the cost narrative. In this position, the candidate will develop, analyze, evaluate, coordinate, prepare and support VSE cost/price proposals to government customers. Duties include creating/modifying pricing spreadsheets, interpreting and understanding government requirements and ensuring the submission of timely and complaint cost/price proposals. This position will ensure accuracy, adherence, compliance and maintenance of estimates of direct labor, material, equipment and other direct costs. The following duties are included for this position:
- Develop and prepare compliant cost proposals in accordance with RFP and internal requirements.
- Management of the cost proposal process from Draft RFP through proposal submittal.
- Provides direct support to corporate capture team, line organizations and staff in the pursuit of new business.
- Participates in RFP analysis, including risk identification, avoidance and mitigation.
- Researches and analyzes historical data, develops cost models to support proposal efforts.
- Works with the line organization and staff to coordinate critical information related to problem solving.
- Coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding meetings.
- Participates in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives.
- Support DCAA audits of proposal submittals, as needed.
Successful candidates should have at least 3-5 years experience in pricing for Government proposals and contracts.
A Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field with a minimum 3 years relevant professional experience (minimum of 1 year with a Masters Degree) is preferred.
Successful candidates must be proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office with emphasis on advanced MS Excel and skills. Must be comfortable creating, modifying and checking large, complex spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel.
Candidates should have the following qualities to successfully perform the tasks required by this position:
- Familiarity with contract types, including Firm Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursable, Time and Materials (T&M), and ID/IQ contracting.
- Must be familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and DCAA Auditing Principals.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to be able to interact with all levels of company personnel.
- Possess well developed planning, organizational and analytical skills; strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to multi-task between changing requirements and priorities.
- Requires highly motivated self starter who pays attention to details to enhance current team and support concurrent proposal assignments functioning in a time sensitive environment.
- Position may require unscheduled extended work hours and non-standard workweeks.
VSE brings military hand-me-downs back into fashion. The company provides engineering, testing, and logistics services for the US Army,...