Responsible for analyzing, recommending and approving custom pricing proposals for standard solutions, simple renewals and minor T&C modifications. The Custom Pricing team will perform financial modelling & risk analysis, and establish price points within predetermined guidelines to ensure margins are aligned with business objectives.
Financial & Business Acumen
- Perform financial modelling & risk analysis, and establish price points to ensure margins are aligned with business objectives.
- Evaluate and analyze based on profitability, competition, market nuances, and account strategy
- Evaluate, recommend and make decisions on common RFP/contract financial and business terms; adjust business case to mitigate risk
- Develop understanding of market characteristics including competitive pricing trends and customer segmentation
- May be responsible for influencing or negotiating contracts with internal and external customers.
- Work closely with Verizon attorneys as required to respond to specialized business terms
- Effectively communicate pricing and any custom terms & conditions to internal stakeholders and customers as required
- Create and issue Approval Notes
- Work closely with key stakeholders (Sales, Presales Billing, Legal) to ensure the cost/price proposal is compliant, accurate, competitive and profitable
- Maintain accuracy of deal financials
- Ensure adherence with governance processes and obligations; comply with other guidelines as appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or equivalent experience required
- Advanced Degree preferred
- 4+ years pricing and/or financial analysis experience required
- Solid Finance/Accounting skills; Familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as Financial P&L modelling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communications skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
- General knowledge of Verizon products/services and value proposition preferred; ability to understand the commercial, financial, regulatory and technical aspects of the industry
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Verizon - 7 months ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...