Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
The Rail Procurement Coordinator is responsible for the tactical administration of vendors, rates, terms and conditions and contract compliance with our Rail transportation vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for administration of rail rates including: receiving rates from carriers, updating system to reflect rates received, and verifying accuracy of rates in system.
- Ensures that rate information is available to the Branch network in a timely manner
- Researches and resolves invoicing disputes by working with Branch offices and vendors to identify cause of dispute
- Works with carriers, on behalf of the Branch offices, to obtain rates for services that were not previously rated. Ensures timely and accurate updating of system for newly received rates.
- Provide Visibility (to both Internal & External customers) to Rail Line haul Capacity in various U.S. Import/Consumption Markets
- Work with counterparts at carriers/vendors to build relationships and develop processes and capabilities to more easily drive growth in Rail Intermodal
- Assist Manger, Rail Procurement on all rail service design changes/modifications, including Routings, Schedules, & Price Resolve all payables disputes on Rail committed line haul costs such that all Railroads maintain payables at a zero balance past due > 90 days.
- Assist with special projects or other duties as assigned by manager.
Education and Experience: High school diploma, required. College Degree or 1 – 2 years previous experience in customer service, operations, accounting, or related functions, preferred.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 6 months ago