Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - Delighting our Customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Canadian Support Group located in Burlington, Ontario, you can play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations in North America. In Canada, we currently have 80 store locations in nine provinces with over 2,500 associates and we continue to grow.
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for an associate discount at all PetSmart stores, health benefits, RRSP/DPSP pension program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and more!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Pricing Manager with enhance and execute a pricing strategy that drives profitable share growth for the Canadian business. The Pricing Manager will serve as a key member of the Merch Solutions team, playing a significant role in the day to day management of the Pricing Team and interacting with SSG Price Optimization Team. The Pricing Manager will contribute through managing the execution of the pricing strategy to optimize merchandise pricing decisions within CSG Merch Organization. The Pricing Manager utilizes internal data analysis and external data to help drive the team to optimal pricing decisions. The Pricing Manager will take a more active role in Hardgoods pricing which is currently managed out of the SSG. The Pricing Manager and the Pricing Analysts use pricing related tools and processes to optimize pricing across PetSmart. Reviews and analyzes historical data to measure results and develop future pricing and gross margin improvements.
Supervises a team of 2 employees as follows: 2 Senior Pricing Analysts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
• Prioritize and manage department data requests for pricing team, determining desired scope of required data, preferred distribution cadence, and appropriate delegation as necessary; streamline merchandise reporting where possible
• Investigate quantitative and qualitative impacts of PetSmart events through post gaming analysis in order to make recommendations to improve future events; includes review of retail adjustments, weekend sales, grand openings and holiday promotions
• Review current pricing strategies and making recommendations to optimize profitability while focusing on delivery of value to the customer
• Collect and compile Competitive Intelligence for distribution of actionable information, strengthen relationship with third-party price shop firm and other parties involved in data collection to ensure optimal value and data results
• Proactively identify and reduce future Off-POG inventory
• Manage day-to-day activities of pricing analysts while mentoring direct reports in development of department and business abilities
• Work closely with Director of Merch Solutions in decision-making to ensure priorities are aligned with high-level organizational strategies and objectives
• Fostering a collaborative partnership with SSG Pricing that serves to integrate tools and processes that are currently not within our CSG scope
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or Operations Research from a four year college or university is required. MBA preferred.
• Three to five years minimum related experience and/or training.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
• Experience managing a team and independently leading project work preferred.
• Retail experience strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of advanced business reporting and the ability to draw sound business conclusions from disparate data.
• Experience with BI/Data Warehousing Tool (MicroStrategy/Cognos or related tool), and demonstrated advanced proficiency in Access, Excel and related MicroSoft software applications.
• Cross functional agility, attention to detail and strong communication skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CA (Chartered Accountant), CMA (Certified Management Accountant) or CGA (Certified General Accountant) designations preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...