The Pricing Senior Analyst is responsible for supporting the sales force by both retaining and growing volume and revenue for UPS. He/she provides competitive rates and effective pricing strategies that both maximize profitability and favorably position UPS in the marketplace.
A core responsibility of this position is to evaluate and analyze pricing requests. To do this, the Pricing Analyst evaluates Price Quota Requests (PQRs) to ensure that request information from the field is accurate and complete, and collaborates with sales and pricing personnel to gather information not in the PQR. He/she also runs queries on current contracts, volume and rates to determine pricing needed to win or retain business, and enters PQRs into the pricing database to record the start of work. Another major responsibility is to develop pricing strategies and discounts. Duties include evaluating competition and market conditions to formulate appropriate and profitable sales/pricing strategies, developing Price Quote Authorizations (PQAs) outlining the discount program, and completing ad hoc analysis showing the financial impact of different pricing scenarios.
- Complete and submits bid acceptance checklists, bid response forms, signed copies of contracts or addendums, bid worksheets, and cost summaries to the administration group for implementation
- Audits contracts or addendums for accuracy after acceptance and implementation
- Responds to internal and external requests to provide pricing solutions and account strategies
- Provides training on pricing strategies and issues
- Handles contract generation and makes revisions as needed
- Applies financial knowledge in order to read and interpret financial statements, develop business cases using financial information (e.g. cost, revenue forecasts, etc.) and plan and effectively manage budgets
- Applies information analysis by identifying key data sources, synthesizing data, and drawing conclusions based on logic and objectivity in order to generate solutions
- Applies knowledge of internal business information systems
- Applies pricing knowledge and understanding of pricing policies, procedures, processes and systems
- Applies problem definition and structure knowledge to describe problems, break them down into key issues, and identify solutions by testing hypotheses and identifying root causes
- Applies knowledge of the features and business applications of services, products and customer-facing technology offerings and solutions
- Conducts competitive analysis of competitor’s offerings and strategies, and maintains awareness of competitive environment
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Must be currently in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Business/analytical experience post undergraduate degree is preferred.
*If you are a current UPS Employee, please apply to this position via - UPSERs.com - "My career" tab and follow the process accordingly.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
UPS - 21 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...