Maine RN License or eligible to obtain
PrP Position Summary:
Provide telephone triage in a busy, fast pace, internal medicine setting. Responsible for collecting information regarding patient concerns, medical history and description of symptoms via the telephone/email. Uses symptom-based protocols to systematically assess and address the patient's needs. Prioritizes calls based on the urgency of the patient's needs. Provides patient education. Carries out assigned nursing tasks and medical orders as delegated by providers’ or designee to support patient care. Serves as a positive role model to clinical support staff. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care.
The RN needs to be professional as well as knowledgeable, responsible, and accountable to manage patient care over the continuum and to assist in improving quality, cost, and patient/service satisfaction outcomes. The RN will be responsible for the assessment, triage of patient needs and collaborating with a multidisciplinary team. The RN needs excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills; as well as computer literacy including but not limited to the electronic medical record, electronic data entry, retrieval and report generation.
- Registered Nurse currently licensed in Maine or eligible ; BSN preferred
- At least 3 years of nursing experience in Acute Care Setting/Med-Surg.
- Internal Medicine nursing experience desired.
- Prior experience in Primary Care setting, Emergency Department or Urgent Care Setting
- BLS Certification required
- Requires excellent documentation and nursing assessment skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a changing and challenging environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate ability to triage patient problems and direct care appropriately
- Ability to work independently and be an active member of our patient care team
- Prior knowledge and experience with electronic medical record system preferred
EMHS - 22 months ago