Our vision at Petco is
Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World.
We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Determines and develops architectural approaches and solutions, conducts business reviews, documents current systems and develops recommendations of how to proceed with the infrastructure design
- Provides technical analysis in data network planning, engineering and design
- Overall systems infrastructure support including engineering, implementation and integration services
- Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems
- Responds to business needs for network infrastructure including projects from corporate, in-store and other business functions
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Coordinates third-party relationship with outsourced team and outside vendors for network equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and administrators
- May develop uniform operation procedures, as required
- Must be able to architect and support complex network configurations that are geographically dispersed nationwide and internationally, including:
- Data Center design and operations
- WAN connectivity and optimization
- Complex Network routing
- Management of large MPLS, and VPN networks
- Telephony architecture and design
- Network monitoring and performance management
- Wireless networks
- Network Security best practices
- End Point management
- Compliancy with SOX and PCI
- Ability to manage large small scale project to completion on time and on budget
- When needed, troubleshoot application flows, routing configurations, and make suggested changes to improve productivity and streamline processes.
- Able to delegate work to team members, give direction, and follow through with assigned tasks.
- Be able to lead severity situations to resolution
No supervisory responsibilities.
Typically the incumbent will be in an office setting seated in artificial light and working for prolonged periods of time on the computer.
10 or more years progressively responsible professional experience in function or 7 years experience in specialized function.
Candidate must have the following skills and expertise:
Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switching
Dell Power connect (Blade Chassis)
Cisco ISR and ASR routers
Cisco 1400, and Cisco controllers
Aruba Networks and airwave management
Cisco ASA firewalls
Palo Alto firewalls
Network Monitoring, end point management and Performance management
Netscout performance manager and Infinistream
Petco - 19 months ago
Petco… where the healthy pets go
Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides the products, services and advice that...