GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated process engineers to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory. The individual will be asked to sustain, ramp and transfer technologies from our other sites (Fab 1 in Dresden, Germany) as well as our alliance partners in East Fishkill. During the assignment, the individual will report to the Fab 1 module manager, with the primary responsibility of developing and/or optimizing the area process to meet the overall technology roadmap and device performance requirements for the 40nm technology node and beyond. As part of the CFM (Contamination Free Manufacturing) organization, this position is responsible to support technology development and implementation efforts by providing defect characterization and reduction expertise in order to achieve the yield and performance goals.
This position will be located at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in Malta, New York, and report to the Fab8 CFM Module manager.
- Work directly with the CFM Dresden engineers on the development of area process in order to meet the 40nm, 32nm, 28nm and beyond technology requirements
- Support advanced technology development efforts by working with module process engineers, Integration engineers, and Yield Engineering to achieve “early defect learning”
- Responsibilities will include establishing in line defect inspection strategy; defect characterization and root cause analysis and provide timely feedback in order to achieve yield and performance goals
- Support technology insertion in Fab1; continue to improve process robustness for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, DOE techniques, data driven decision making and systematic problem solving skills
- Use lean manufacturing and six sigma processes
- Support process and technology transfer from Fab1 to Fab8
- Installation and qualification of new tools and process technologies in Malta
- Responsibilities include equipment selection for Fab 8
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline is required
- Minimum of 5 years of Semiconductor process engineering experience in defect analysis and reduction is required
- Minimum of 3 years experience with design of experiment techniques and data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self starter
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline
- Experience in leading edge defect inspection tools (bright field, dark field, eBeam…etc) in support of advanced technology (45nm or below) development is strongly preferred
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 16 months ago