Hay Group is a global consulting firm that works with leaders to transform strategy into reality. We develop talent, organize people to be more effective, and motivate them to perform at their best. Founded in 1943 and corporately headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, we have 85 offices in 47 countries and work with over 7,000 clients around the world. Our clients are from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors, across every major industry, and represent diverse business challenges. Our focus is on making change happen and helping people and organizations realize their potential.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Principal in Hay Group’s San Francisco office supporting the Total Rewards practice.
- Manage and coordinate major compensation consulting projects in terms of people, budget and work plans to ensure a cohesive effort and satisfied clients.
- Leverage one’s own expertise and in-depth knowledge of the reward practice area to best advantage in the design and execution of project work.
- Development of one’s own skills and those of four or more associates through managing, mentoring and teaching to ensure continuous enhancement of technical expertise, project management and consultation skills.
- Identification and closure of business development opportunities of varying complexity and scope.
- Establish credibility as a senior consultant with colleagues and senior managers within the firm.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Eight to ten years of technically challenging reward consulting experience, ideally gained through working for a management consulting firm – this should include innovative knowledge of the design and implementation of total remuneration components such as base pay, short and long-term incentives, and to a lesser degree benefits and perquisites.
- Intimate understanding of how the culture of an organization will impact the strategy and philosophy behind compensation program design and implementation.
- A fundamental appreciation of how the measures incorporated into the performance management process (both the “What” and the “How”) directly impact compensation program design.
- Experience in utilizing innovative approaches in helping organizations determine their compensation strategy and philosophy.
- Strong management, analytical, planning and communication skills, and equally important, outstanding business acumen with a global perspective.
- The perspective of a solid strategic thinker with organizational development and problem solving experience.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills; able to present complex ideas in a clear and articulate fashion, and thereby, inspire client trust and intimacy.
- A collegial, teamwork-driven operating style that enables him/her too effectively interacts with all levels of the organization.
- An intellectual curiosity, desire to seek new challenges and ability to think ahead.
The seasoning, experience and credibility to work effectively as a senior consultant to clients.
- A solid grasp of the fundamental skills that relate to being a highly successful provider of professional services.
- A strong work ethic and a personal commitment to excellence.
- A high degree of self –confidence.
- Proven capability to be self- taught in new areas of expertise.
- Leadership skills including capability of recruiting, working with and managing motivated consultants and technical support personnel.
- Competency of being pragmatic, results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency.
- The ability to act as a change agent with the ability to direct and manage consulting teams.
- Management skills including strong administrative skills such as project/time management, planning and organizing.
- Networking skills with a global perspective.
- Capability of managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to further establish the company’s reputation as a trusted advisor in all areas of human resources consulting.
The ideal candidate should have an MBA, or other advance degree in addition to an undergraduate degree in an appropriate curriculum from a recognized college or university.
Hay Group - 11 months ago