Are you a server-side Java Architect with experience architecting, designing and building highly scalable web applications with thousands of concurrent users?
Progress Software is looking for an experienced, creative, and ambitious Java architect to design and lead the development of server-side components of our soon-to-be-released aPaaS product. The candidate will be joining our world-class development team in Redwood City, CA working on Progress® Pacific™, a powerful, easy-to-use platform for building and managing "connected apps" on any cloud, mobile or social platform. Connected applications integrate with real-time data from multiple sources for faster business reaction, analysis and problem solving. Powerful, standards-based business applications can go from idea to reality faster with innovative point-and-click, drag-and-drop tools in a standard browser, saving time and money while also providing deployment freedom.
Education & Experience
Skills and Abilities
- 12+ years of enterprise software development in Java
- 7+ years of designing multi-tiered web applications with emphasis on server-side
- Experienced in building highly scalable, elastic applications
- Cloud computing experience a strong plus
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or related field
- Proficient with Amazon AWS cloud stack
- Experienced with IaaS, PaaS, and related cloud services
- Proficient with Java application servers (Tomcat preferred)
- Proficient with database design and SQL (big data experience a plus)
- Experience with XML, SOAP, REST, and web 2.0 technologies
- Experience with agile development a strong plus (Scrum preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a superior team player
Our customers and partners have big ideas. We help them turn their ideas into business reality through the rapid development, deployment,...