The Lead/Principal J2EE Engineer will be instrumental in enhancing and creating Java/J2EE Applications. They will lead agile/scrum development teams, of 3-5 developers, that may be geographically distributed. An ideal candidate will be a versatile experienced developer that can fill the roles of Architect, Developer, Team Lead, and Mentor. They will be working on interesting projects with fast-moving deadlines in a typical startup environment. The Principal J2EE Engineer will also be responsible for QC, documentation, production support/troubleshooting, and the release of multiple products.
About Your Duties:
In this position, you will be responsible for:
About Your Experience:
- Leading geographically distributed agile/scrum development teams.
- Working closely with the Sr. Technology Manager and develops software solutions based on the given requirements.
- Designing, developing, testing and maintaining J2EE applications.
- Working with project managers and ensures that all milestones and targets in a project are met.
- Enhancing/Developing/Integrating/maintaining/overseeing existing tools and outsourced software in the overall product architecture.
- Investigateing and resolving any production bugs.
- Working with distributed teams for ongoing development.
- Participating in daily team scrums.
- Developing automated unit tests of source code.
- Mentoring other developers on best practices and design patterns.
- Working collaboratively with peers and other teams like QA, PMO and Business Analysts.
- Providing technical estimates to requirements.
- Providing solutions to requirements presented by the Business Analysts.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field.
- 8+ years of practical experience highly preferred, including responsibility as lead developer on the presentation layer of an enterprise software product or service.
- Ability to lead Agile/Scrum development teams.
- Must be able to work independently and provide status on projects.
- Broad background in web application architectures.
- Recent project experience with Web Services (SOAP, XML-RPC, REST) and Spring/Struts/Hibernate.
- Experience with JBoss Application Server and MySQL database.
- Development experience on a Unix/Linux platform.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build strong relationships with teammates and clients.
- Mentor junior developers and provide team leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Scala, Groovy, Grails a plus.
- Experience with JUnit, JMock, Test-Driven Development (TDD), and automated regression testing a plus.
- Working knowledge of JSR-168 portal standard, WSRP, and open source solutions (e.g., Liferay, Mamba, Drupal, Zope, Plone, DotNetNuke, Wikimedia) a plus.
- Ant and Cruise Control experience a plus.
Beachbody, creator of the nation’s most popular in-home fitness and weight loss solutions including P90X®, Insanity®, and Brazil Butt Lift®, among many others, is a rapidly growing fitness company.
Founded in 1998 on the simple principle of helping people achieve their goals and enjoying healthy, fulfilling lives, Beachbody offers an unprecedented opportunity to be a part of a global movement where your work is valued and measurable.
Decidedly un-corporate, Beachbody encourages employees, or Dudes as we call them, to bring their unique selves to work, employ a progressive mindset, have fun, and G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done). Your personality and willingness to embrace our culture is equally important as your skills and resume. We are passionate about what we do and expect the same from you.
Our founders, Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon, have created a highly collaborative and energetic atmosphere complete with competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, comprehensive benefits, free Shakeology, hourly fitness classes, and product discounts. Beachbody is an equal opportunity employer and is always looking for humble, top-notch talent prepared to influence positive change.