The Active Network, Inc. (NYSE: ACTV) is the leading provider of organization-based cloud computing applications--serving the business events, community activities, outdoors and sports markets-- with over 47,000 global business customers and 70 million annual transactions reported last year. Our technology platform, ActiveWorks(R), transforms the way organizers manage their activities and events by automating online registrations and streamlining other critical management functions, while also driving consumer participation to their events. Our flagship media property, Active.com(R), is the leading online community for people who want to discover, participate in, and share activities about which they are passionate.
Come join one of the most exciting, high growth companies in San Diego that combines an Active culture along with high tech environment utilizing the latest technologies. We are looking for the best and brightest for this role as they will be instrumental in helping to design the future of a highly configurable, high volume application platform that will support multiple market applications as well as core Business Intelligence functions.
This individual will play a vital role in Active’s largest and most important project through leadership, direction and mentoring to support several developers. This is an exciting technical leadership role where coding expertise is needed and is an opportunity for growth for someone that wants to stay in a technical career path.
- Hands-on development, being able to deliver sophisticated, high-quality solutions in a timely fashion
- Ability to create architectural artifacts, documentation and training of architectural patterns and solutions
- Plan, lead and implement projects that span from a few days to six months
- Drive improvements and processes behind architectural consistency and software productivity
- Proven technical leadership within multiple product development teams
- Self-directed, constantly looking for the best use of one’s time
- Ability to architect complex, multi-tiered distributed software systems
- Ability to drive projects forward involving multiple, distributed teams
- Ability to quickly analyze and understand new complex systems
- Up-to-date with latest .NET/web technologies and best practices
- 6+ years’ experience of web development
- 6+ years’ experience using the .NET framework
- 2+ years’ experience support and debugging production systems
- 2+ years' experience research and selecting development tooling
- 1+ years’ experience as part of a scrum development team
- 1+ years’ experience with the following technologies:
ASP.NET Web API
Testing frameworks (preferably something besides MSTest – NUnit for example)
Optional (client-side technologies):
backbone.js or knockout.js
WPF using an MVVM framework (very optional)
WinForms & Win32 programming (helpful for working with the CA team)
- Energetic, positive attitude combined with a drive to get things done
- Passion to grow in advance and self-driven personality is a must.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
The Active Network, Inc - 17 months ago