AIR's International Development Division seeks to enhance the capacity of developing countries to improve their quality of life through education and social development. In partnership with others, we seek to: ensure children's equitable access to all levels of education; improve the quality and relevance of education; and empower individuals, communities, and institutions as agents of social and behavioral change.
AIR's education assessment work in developing countries has helped governments determine what students should know and be able to do in relation to standards and curriculum. Our work includes formative, summative, diagnostic, and international assessment and is used to measure student or system performance. It is also applied for accountability at the school or district level. We are seeking to expand the range and capacity of our assessment work in other practice areas.
Responsibilities : The selected candidate will provide intellectual, technical and managerial leadership to AIR's Assessment work in general. The essential functions of the position include:
Qualifications : *Ph.D. in Educational Measurement, Research and/or Evaluation; I/O Psychology; Applied Statistics and Psychometrics; or related substantive area.
- Lead the growth and development of AIR's work through business development, client relationship and capacity building activities.
- Lead the growth and development of AIR's International work in the field of Educational Standards and Assessment and/or other Assessment areas.
- Expand and coordinate international assessment related research, practice and policy work at AIR.
- Lead proposal, research and evaluation initiatives to build AIR's Assessment portfolio.
- Provide technical expertise to clients, AIR staff, partners and policy makers.
- Effectively manage complex projects, resources and staff.
- Utilize entrepreneurial, creative thinking and problem solving skills in leading the practice.
- Participate in professional and staff development activities, especially in Assessment and international development-related topics.
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package,including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, subsidized garage parking , and tuitionassistance. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org . To apply, please go to http://jobs-airdc.icims.com?&sn=washingtonpost.com and conduct a job title search. EOE.
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in the field of Assessment, in Education or a related field.
- Proven success in the development and management of large or complex projects.
- Demonstrated interest and capacity to lead proposals and other development work to support AIR's growth and impact internationally.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to mentor and grow staff.
- Experience analyzing and translating across language and culture.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and on high-profile, results-oriented projects required.
- Ability to work autonomously to achieve performance objectives and deliverables required.
- International experience a plus.
washingtonpost.com - 9 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts behavio...