Audit Services conducts financial, compliance, and operational audits; educates the campus community in concepts of risk management, control, and governance; assists the campus community in continuously improving operating systems and procedures through consultation/advisory services; coordinates and supports various external agencies conducting audits on campus; and performs investigations of alleged improper governmental acts.
Under the general direction of audit management, the Principal Auditor is responsible for performing highly complex financial, operational and functional assurance reviews, consulting/advisory services and investigations.
Scope of work includes:
• Performs complex financial, operational and functional assurance reviews in accordance with professional internal auditing standards; and consistent with office policies, procedures, and practices.
• Conducts preliminary surveys by obtaining and analyzing information to assess policies, procedures, practices and systems associated with the department/function/process under review; exercises individual judgment and skills to use the survey to identify key risks, and recommends areas to be covered in the audit review.
• Performs detail analysis and tests records, procedures, and processes to assess the effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls. Formulates conclusions regarding control systems and audit objectives
• Conducts advisory/consulting services that assist management in addressing known or perceived risks; in designing systems to improve operation; and by providing information that could be used by management in decision making.
• Executes investigations of alleged improper governmental activities and special studies associated with investigations.
• Promotes concepts of internal control that assist management and staff in meeting their administrative and fiduciary responsibilities by identifying and defining control deficien-cies/problems, presenting training programs, and working to develop practical and effective controls/solutions.
• B.A. or B.S. degree from college with a major in an appropriate field such as Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, or Computer Science
• Five (5) years of substantial, recent, and progressive internal audit experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to perform financial, compliance, and operational audits with minimal supervisory assistance.
• Professional auditing or accounting certification in one if more of the following: CIA, CPA, CISA, CFE.
• Master’s Degree.
• Specialized audit experience and skills in Health Care, Investigation, IT, or Sponsored Research
• ACL, IDEA, and/or SQL knowledge and expertise in performing data analytics
University of California San Francisco - 19 months ago