LucasArts is building a large scale online services and infrastructure to support a new way of connected online gaming that is going to revolutionize the industry. This position is one of the most senior positions and plays a critical part in the success of the online group at LucasArts.
Reviews, designs and oversees the implementation and iteration of scalable, highly available, and critical backend services.
Reviews and helps implementing the overall system architecture for LucasArts online.
Participates in setting up technical roadmap.
Provides input to the products roadmap, including milestones schedules and deliverables.
Maintains and communicates technical risks across the group.
Collects and analyzes metrics from online services.
Mentors and coaches engineers.
Follows the industry trends in the online world.
Must be able to understand and perform any technical tasks within the team.
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or related field. Masters Degree a plus.
- 5 to 8 years developing online services that is secure, scalable and highly available.
- Fluent in Java or other object oriented language. Knowledge in functional programming is a big asset.
- Extensive experience with web services protocols.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in online technologies, including distributed systems, security, networking protocols, and cloud technologies.
- Extensive experience with secure scalable system architectures and deployments.
- Deep understanding of J2EE, relational and NoSQL database.
- Experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop, etc
- Experience with caching solutions such as Oracle Coherence, Memcached
- Experience with AWS or other cloud service provider.
- Experience with first party (Microsoft and Sony) certification.
Lucasfilm - 9 months ago