This position would be appealing to someone who likes diversity in work activities as this job will have three key areas of activities. Workforce management efforts for the Finance & Corporate Services division, the blending and management of MISO’s systems development life cycle and PMO processes, and active leadership role within the corporate governance efforts related to maturity model implementations. Relative to these activities, the interested candidate will immediately begin to:
Understand the objectives and implement workforce demand management for all of Finance & Corporate Services into the company’s resource management tool. Develop and recommendations practices on how to perform project schedule management activities.
Design and help implement an approach to enable the PMO to govern MISO’s systems development life cycle. Evaluate, recommend, and help to see that there are changes to the SDLC process for improved quality of execution.
Work with the Maturity Model Team to identify the specific practice changes needed to move the company towards the maturity level agreed to by management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct research and analysis on various objectives and critical issues, new concepts and policy matters.
- Make decisions and recommendations affecting the approach, scheduling, and completion of corporate and divisional projects.
- Facilitate company-wide governance activities as assigned.
- Develop collaborative approaches to effectuate measurable maturity improvements relative to corporate strategies.
- Assume responsibility for developing, implementing, and completing highly complex projects crossing organizational boundaries.
- Act as a project leader and directs the work of others.
- Make decisions which may impact the direction and strategy of the department or function.
- Examine highly complex data from multiple sources crossing departmental boundaries in which results are not predictable.
- Utilize multiple advanced analytical techniques such as critical, creative, conceptual and intuitive thinking to analyze moderately high risk situations, generate multiple options and approaches while considering how the solution may change or impact the organization.
- Apply analysis to identify trends and predict future issues to effectively implements courses of action.
- Compliance with all processes, procedures, and standards applicable to the position including (but not limited to): SSAE16 (Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16), CIP (Critical Infrastructure Protection), Change Management, Tariff (Open Access Transmission, Energy and Operating Reserve Markets Tariff), FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission), NERC (North American Electric Reliability Corporation), U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and NAESB (North American Energy Standards Board).
- Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Finance or related technical field required.
- Eight years financial or operational planning required
- Three years project team or project management
- Budgeting and forecasting preferred
- Utility industry preferred
- Business and financial planning
- General accounting practices and principles
- Project Management practices and principles
- Electric utility industry accounting practices preferred
- Oracle Financials and/or Hyperion Planning software preferred
- Principles, practices, and administration
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to customer service excellence
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Utilize company policies appropriately
- Foster teamwork and collaboration
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Project management theory and practice
- Perform detailed quantitative analysis
- Integrate highly complex data from multiple sources across the organization.
- Apply and adapt practices and techniques to a variety of projects
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and the general public
- Present facts and recommendations effectively in verbal and written form
- Time Management
- Multitask, meet deadlines and adapt to changing and evolving work environment priorities and demands in a fast paced environment
Midwest ISO - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard