Title: Principal Business Objects Developer
Department: Technology Product Development and Support
Location: USA - Massachusetts - Billerica
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Req Number: pare-10021173
PAREXEL International is a growing, fast-paced, global Clinical Research Organization (CRO) that has helped bring to market 49 of the top 50 selling pharmaceuticals. In fact, we have worked with all 10 of the world's top 10 pharmaceutical companies.
Given our breadth of expertise and the trust placed in us by major pharmaceutical companies worldwide, PAREXEL can provide you with a number of career options in Clinical Research that can rarely be found within just one company. In fact, over 25% of the positions opened at PAREXEL are filled by current employees working to advance their skills and careers.
Develop complex applications design and code according to business requirements by following an Agile Methodology and the PAREXEL Software Development Lifecycle. Perform and document unit testing of all code,
managed in a source code controlled environment.
Document the design and code leading to production of very high quality deliverables (code and documentation),
ready for functional testing by Software Quality Assurance, and later Process Validation by representatives of the business.
Provide level three production support for applications, in liaison with the Application Support department, when detailed deep analysis or source code changes are required.
Working with the Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Data Warehouse teams to create detailed system designs and technical specifications.
Business Objects Skill set:
- Experience in enhancing and developing application(s) deployed to production environment
- Experience in developing BO Universes, reports, dashboards and scorecards
- Experience with other BO components such as Data Integrator or Data Services
- Experience with developing a metadata management strategy for BO environments
- Experience in using BO Tools such as Universe Designer, Web Intelligence, Crystal Report and Xcelsius
- Knowledge and experience using BO best practices for design and development of Business Intelligence systems
- Experience working with business users to gather requirements and translate to technical designs.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle database is required.
- Experince with SQL/PL*SQL programming is desired
- 7+ years of software development, atleast 3+yeares in building the Universes in BO.
- Production of unit test scripts and design documentation for all application code developed.
- Configure and integrate COTS products.
- Active part of agile teams using iterative development methodologies (e.g. SCRUM).
- Closely working with Architects and other experienced developers for the implementation of a mature Service Oriented Architecture.
- Compliance from an IT perspective to all required regulations, including SOX, Data Protection, FDA and EMEA
PAREXEL International - 23 months ago
PAREXEL International excels in pharmaceutical development services. A top contract research organization (CRO), the firm counts among its...